Hi there, I am new to the forums and am very sorry if this question has been asked before but I could not find it.

When I purchased my 747 package I had trouble getting it to work due to a corrupt cfg file.

I ended up submitting a support ticket and the guys at PMDG sorted it out for me.

My question is that if I was to reinstall fsx which I would like to do would my PMDG 747 work after reinstalling the package or would the cfg file be corrupt once again making me have to try and get the PMDG guys to fix it again?

Thanks in advance.

It depends. If the CFG corruption was the rear-end of a corrupted installation file, then no, it won't be in working order. However, it's more common that the installation process corrupted ("skipped a beat") which caused errors in that file - and that might not happen again.

Surely, if you do re-install everything and it doesn't work, couldn't you just go through the same fixing steps again? E.G replace the CFG with a new one which PMDG sent you before?

why re install? unless you are moving to a new machine . have you tried the repair option on the fsx dvds ?

ps. I see you are also a lover of trees ! :lol:

Many thanks to both of you.

lthendrix the reason I want to reinstall is to start fresh from all the clutter that I have piled into fsx like the freeware airports and planes that seem to be slowing it down, I will try the fixes first, Thanks.

iSamage I see what you mean now, If PMDG has sent me a fixed cfg file then that file is good to go if I keep a copy and then replace the default one should I end up reinstalling, Thank you.