Sign in to follow this  
zmak

A big fat zero

I disabled AI (traffic x and orbx AI)

I ran the indexer

I ran the U2 bridge but that did nothing and dont know if it works with traffic x

I set vox traffic to max

I have gone from every Jetway being full at Brisbane and Sydney airport to absolutely not one single aircraft lol

what am I doing wrong?

ZORAN

no need for replies, I found that orbx A1 had disabled the fsx a1

ZORAN

Hmm, I was going to post what I did in the thread next to yours that I thought I recalled the developer stating that traffic is only spawned at the originating airports and destination airport in a filed flight plan which meant most other airports nearby will not get any traffic. Have you not found this to be true? Or are you also running FSX non-VOX-controlled AI?

I started to run fsx with only voxatc traffic yesterday with the fsx sliders at zero

I got plenty of traffic but they were flying straight through me on the runway.

I dont get any traffic en route at all

ZORAN

Hmm, I was going to post what I did in the thread next to yours that I thought I recalled the developer stating that traffic is only spawned at the originating airports and destination airport in a filed flight plan which meant most other airports nearby will not get any traffic. Have you not found this to be true? Or are you also running FSX non-VOX-controlled AI?

finally have this working perfectly. Airports are totally full and the planes only appear after initiating voxatc,

Im running orbx A1 as well which voxatc utilize. No more taxing accidents or anything close to a collision , the vox controller handles them all and Im seeing a lot of different liveries and a/c not in my data base eg, md11,777.

I did run the bridge that was created for UTX2 as well, so it may have worked. Another thing is although there is not much traffic on route, this changes at around 20 nm to destination

ZORAN

Hi Zoran,

So if you take off at one airport and land at another nearby that's not part of a flight plan, there is traffic there? And that traffic is under VoxATC control?

Hi Zoran,

So if you take off at one airport and land at another nearby that's not part of a flight plan, there is traffic there? And that traffic is under VoxATC control?

I have not seen this in my flights with VoxATC. I believe it says somewhere in the documentation that departure and arrival airports are the ones with generated traffic, so there wouldn't be anything in between. VoxATC is great for short flights, but for longer ones you might want to use something else such as PFE. I have both, and I like them each for different reasons.

I have not seen this in my flights with VoxATC. I believe it says somewhere in the documentation that departure and arrival airports are the ones with generated traffic, so there wouldn't be anything in between. VoxATC is great for short flights, but for longer ones you might want to use something else such as PFE. I have both, and I like them each for different reasons.

right you are, you cant just take a quick detour and expect traffic. To combat the boredom on route I use http://www.liveatc.net/search/ for none stop chatter real life.

ZORAN

That was my understanding and disappointment when I tested it out, too. However, Zoran's post seemed to indicate he found a way around this hence my question to him. Apparently, he just meant the two airports for departure and arrival. I read that as all airports had controlled traffic which amazed me.

Oh well, here's waiting for the next version. Since 90% of my flying is VFR, I rarely do flight plans. The VFR ability of VOX is great and something that other ATC programs seem to forget about. But without any traffic to worry about, I might as well just talk out loud to myself as I go through the portions of flight. I'm continuing to keep an eye on this for work-arounds or new versions, though!