Sign in to follow this  
aceridgey

FSX Advanced Tutorials : NGX Descent

Hi Guys,

Here is the first of many videos showcasing some advanced tutorials for FSX.

The first episode looks at the descent forcast page in the NGX.

I am in the process of creating a website and blog and will continue to make free video tutorials for your enjoyment.

Cheers

Alex

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

I'm glad someone has covered this with more detail than I've seen out there.

Because simmers tend to improperly overcomplicate/-simplify things, it would have been nice to see more on ISA because "minus 15" doesn't always cut it. As an example, ISA at KDEN (5433 ft) would be approximately 4 (given the 15 degrees and 29.92/1013 at sea level). Because of this, at today's (161653Z) temp of 29, the ISA DEV would be +25.

In any case, I'm sure you've de-mystified a lot of it for them without getting into detail that might frighten some of the simmers away, so, well done.

Kyle Rodgers

I'm glad someone has covered this with more detail than I've seen out there.

Because simmers tend to improperly overcomplicate/-simplify things, it would have been nice to see more on ISA because "minus 15" doesn't always cut it. As an example, ISA at KDEN (5433 ft) would be approximately 4 (given the 15 degrees and 29.92/1013 at sea level). Because of this, at today's (161653Z) temp of 29, the ISA DEV would be +25.

In any case, I'm sure you've de-mystified a lot of it for them without getting into detail that might frighten some of the simmers away, so, well done.

I have adjusted the video with an annotation Kyle, thank you for your feedback!

Alex Ridge

Cool. You're welcome! Like I said earlier, well done.

If you're up for more, I would say "To find ISA DEV, subtract 15 at sea level." When I first looked at it, I thought you were trying to say ISA at sea level is -15C (15 below zero), and then I figured it out.

Sorry - I write tech manuals for a living so writing for the dimmest bulb is part of my analysis when I read my own and others' work.

Kyle Rodgers

It is very good, however it would help a lot (especially for me in this example) to add a bit of an overview/background info... for example, what does it do, why do you do it, when/where do you do it etc

Other than that, as I said, a great video - it has shown me a page in the FMC that I have never seen before and will be sure to help many others out also.

Cool. You're welcome! Like I said earlier, well done.

If you're up for more, I would say "To find ISA DEV, subtract 15 at sea level." When I first looked at it, I thought you were trying to say ISA at sea level is -15C (15 below zero), and then I figured it out.

Sorry - I write tech manuals for a living so writing for the dimmest bulb is part of my analysis when I read my own and others' work.

No your feedback is great for the little things I have missed. I want to build up a reputation for these so I need to get them right. Thank you.

It is very good, however it would help a lot (especially for me in this example) to add a bit of an overview/background info... for example, what does it do, why do you do it, when/where do you do it etc

Other than that, as I said, a great video - it has shown me a page in the FMC that I have never seen before and will be sure to help many others out also.

I will do this a little more, my only concern for overly doing it is people could get bored. I do try and put the relevant information in the description.

Alex

Alex Ridge

Hi Guys,

Here is the first of many videos showcasing some advanced tutorials for FSX.

The first episode looks at the descent forcast page in the NGX.

I am in the process of creating a website and blog and will continue to make free video tutorials for your enjoyment.

Cheers

Alex

Great video, I will look for more.

tks

Foxtrot