Sign in to follow this  
jfri

What do I see in these two pics ?

What are the red and green lights I see among the skyscrapers here in Seattle downtown. I use Orbx scenery here? Is something wrong?

What could it be that I see here in the lower part of the outside view? Somekind of fog bar with a sharp boundary. Here something really must be wrong right. I used ASA weather.

The lights could be caused by the traffic lights rendition. Maybe you can turn them off in UTX (if you are running that one) or with the FTX lights switcher going to 'day mode'. Those two addons would feature the spot lights I guess.

The fog layer may be caused by the default FSX fog layer still being active. There's an option in ASE (sure you are still running ASA?) to turn it off. Disable haze layer or something. This will replace the FSX texture, so FSX shouldn't be running while switching.

Are you running any addon for that film grain effect by the way? Those screenshots looked like something like that is active.

:blush: You could be right. I saw ENB offering such an effect for certain games. that's why I asked.

Are you using ORBX PNW? If so, those lights are traffic lights.

The second picture looks very much like the upper end of a fog layer.

Hi,

I did not think ORBX had stop lights. I had this with UT while running ORBX and had to disable the lights in the scenery cfg.

Bob

:blush: You could be right.

He is right.

Are you using ORBX PNW? If so, those lights are traffic lights.

The second picture looks very much like the upper end of a fog layer.

Yes using ORBX PNW.

I would not expect an upper end of a fog layer to look so sharp and distinctive.

Hi,

I did not think ORBX had stop lights. I had this with UT while running ORBX and had to disable the lights in the scenery cfg.

Bob

I use Ultimate Terrain USA.

Which lines in scenery.cfg would be needed to remove?

It does not look like realistic stop light. They are to prominent and bright.

UTX has a very smart config tool. Use that one to disable the lights.

UTX has a very smart config tool. Use that one to disable the lights.

CoolIP

I had the same issue, but for some reason the UTX config tool did not work. I must have had something not installed right or something. I had to disable the lights in the scenery mgr in FSX.

Bob

With regards to the light issue.the only time I noticed this was when using the 3d lights redux package from A2A.

Guest firehawk44

It's definitely not from the redux package. It's only an option with UTX.

I can confirm that those red and green lights are part of the ORBX PNW package and not part of UTX. I didn't like them either and disabled them manually. I just changed the .bgl that controls them to .off and dont have them anymore in downtown Seattle. The file name is 0000_FTX_PNW_Objects_Seattle_CBD_Traffic_LIghts_PLC.bgl. Change it to .off and they will no longer appear.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

What are the red and green lights I see among the skyscrapers here in Seattle downtown. I use Orbx scenery here? Is something wrong?

What could it be that I see here in the lower part of the outside view? Somekind of fog bar with a sharp boundary. Here something really must be wrong right. I used ASA weather.

I think those colored objects are from the real-life music museum next to the Space Needle. I think.

The harsh looking horizon happens (for me at least) when I select "enable realistic haze layer" in the REX wx. engine. You have REX maybe???

Dave Skuback - KBLM

'Cause down the shore everything's all right