Sign in to follow this  
Houghton11

Majestic Software's Q400 - New Vids

For those who are eagerly awaiting this as much as I am...

Just a quick repost of last week's post over at the Majestic Software forums. Plenty of sexy preview videos in all phases of flight.

View the other 6 at http://198.164.146.97/fanda/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2546&sid=70daf48b6f4af7837d727002cd0c92e2&start=150 - Scroll down a bit to see Boss' post!

nice. someone knows if the prop. pitch is modeled?

Everything's modelled on this baby. Look at some of the other vids in later phases of flight and he plays with the prop pitch.

Oleski's freeware Dash-8-300 and subsequent payware -300 are easily the most sophisticated turboprop modelling available for FSX. Not the prettiest looking payware out there, but some of the most complex. The Q400 is made in conjunction with Samdim hence the greatly upgraded VC and exterior modelling.

Everything's modelled on this baby. Look at some of the other vids in later phases of flight and he plays with the prop pitch.

Thank you. I will watch some other parts of (you said it right) "baby".

I'm glad that this is for fsx and not an x-plane only product.

Can't wait for this, I'm a big fan of the Q400. The VC looks very nice too. I hear their Q300 will also be getting a refit for a new VC. I just hope the prices are not too exorbitant.

I expect it to be superb. I remember his Q300 for FS2002...the freeware one... for its time it was a beast for realism.

I'm guessing the price will be fairly high though.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I have their Q300 and that too is really impressive although graphically outdated, flight dynamics and sounds are really good. Will surely buy Q400 when it has been released, been on also real Q400 once and liked it.

The videos look great. Would be even more great if Majestic would give us some global idea when all this sweetness is scheduled to be released. Current development cycle has already take some 4 or 5 years and to be honest it wouldn't surprise me if it takes another 1 or 2 years....

Regards,

Frank van der Werff

Banner_FS2Crew_Line_Pilot.jpg

Did you see it taxing and the "rudder/Pedals" not moving just the NWS arm moving?

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I really don't think that we are years from the release. Nevertheless, it is impossible to give a good prediction of the release date. The project is still not in beta because beta means everything is developped. There are still some things to be done and Oleksiy is working hard and very fast, considering the amount of work he's doing in a unit of time. Indeed, the whole project took 4 or 5 years, but the first part of this time was put into development of the full-size simulator; working on the FSX version started less than 2 years ago.

For those who were glad with the Q300 flight dynamics, note that the Q400 is playing in a higher league. Q300's FDE was a wise tweaking of FS parameters. Q400 is using an external module to calculate its dynamics - without any contraints from FSX. Things never modeled in FSX will be possible with the upcoming model.

banner_samdim_q400_nrw.png

I know you can't give a date, but is beta close? Could we see release this year if nothing goes wrong?

Looking forward to it

Lee

Sent using Tapatalk

Wow, that's impressive. Can't wait to fly her into Innsbruck.

Looking forward to its release, though I guess it'll take some time

As mentioned above, Beta commencement has not and will not be put on a time line. However, notification of such will be made public as the time nears.

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos

I hope very much that the project will be released this year! I think beta period won't be long because I see very few bugs so far and all the most important systems are already done. Testing will not just start with beta. It is already actively going on. I am impressed how fast Oleksiy is correcting any bug I report - he does it almost in realtime (we're use a lot screen sharing under Skype).

By the way, some minor changes have been made to the visual model since the last videos. The most visible one is an extra propeller visual phase that represents slow rotation (between 190 and 400 rpm). You will likely see them on upcoming videos.

banner_samdim_q400_nrw.png