Sign in to follow this  
fvapres

Holy Clouds, Batman

Just had a wonderful short flight with no intended reason except to get my settings right and found myself in an environment that I just HAD to share. With all the improvements of XP10 and instability and getting your settings back to where you can enjoy your flights, it can get a little hectic and you may gloss over some things. I was in that very same state when something in my head went "Damn, is that a screenshot or a photo?"

XP has its faults, but it's strengths are often glossed over. I see a variety of membership here and see a good amount of them as "glass is half empty" personalities. If XP doesn't have every single thing they want in a sim, they're just not happy with any of it, good or bad. This video I uploaded to YouTube will hopefully demonstrate the positives XP has to offer when you get to looking past the oddities and shortcomings XP has to offer.

Enjoy the video. Recorded in 1080p, no addons, all default with no plugins.

I loved the experience, I'm looking forward to finding that next "holy crap" moment.

Wonderful! At the moment my biggest gripe with X-P weather system is that it can't depict vertical clouds (CB, cumulus congestus, etc.). If they resolve this issue, we could see the best clouds ever on a PC flight simulator.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

Holy moly! Great video Aaron!

I had a similar experience last night with 10.10b2. XP can certainly provide some incredible theatrics, that's for sure.

Rhydian

Nice video. Shows what XP10 can do now even in it's early betas. Impressive

Great Stuff,Thx for sharing the positives!!

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

What were your weather settings and cloud settings etc? Also, what version ?

Bob

If I remember right, this should be the screencap I took right around the same time. I found a bug with the F22 3d cockpit not working and took a cap of my settings. After that, I took my flight with the clouds...Real weather...was kinda stormy with a BIG red patch southwest of my home airport...took off and headed for the middle and this is what I got once airborne...