Sign in to follow this  
BenBaron

Repeated check

Hi Bryan,

long time no hear from you ;-). I hope everything is running smoothly for you. Here is my problem:

although I noticed another thread regarding the issue of the copilot always repeating "check" on every command, this thread was too old to reply to ;-).

I have already downloaded SP1 but keep getting this problem. Is there any way to check that FS2CREW has indeed updated to SP1 and I have the correct files in place? Using Win7 btw.

All the best, Benny

Hi Bryan,

already tried a second download of SP1 and this didn't help. Had this happen now twice out of 2 flights after reinstalling the LevelD and FS2CREW after a long time.

First time it happened was shortly after top of descend, already made the call for the FA for the specials and approach briefing was completed. Got the yellow dot in the FS2CREW window telling me it was in descend mode.Then, I had a call from ATC and at the same time a female voice saying something I could not understand, I guess it was coming from FS2CREW. Coming close to destination I tried to start the approach checklist and had the FO become stuck in his loop.

Second time was already during climb out...OK...this time I was quite busy and inadvertently asked for the "Climb check" (Did a lot of Maddog Flying recently ;-) ) instead of "After Takeoff Checklist". I tried to correct the mistake by saying the correct sentence but it was already to late...FO brain shutoff for the remainder of the flight. The only reply I got from the FO was a call to "Watch vertical speed!" during descend, although Voice has already been switched off.

To me it seems to have something to do with the FO picking up the wrong words and, out of that, getting stuck in his brain. Neither cycling through the checklists nor switching Voice off and back on helps. The most important thing I noticed was that each "Check" call comes in connection with the FO switching on the "Status" page on the lower EICAS.

While I am aware that the LevelD Version is some sort of an "old" product which doesn't have some of the advanced stuff you're doing right now ;-), I never have any problems like this with any other of the FS2CREW versions I am using (Maddog Voice, old PMDG 737 Voice), although it happens there too that I might say some wrong word. The only thing that happens there is...no reply from the FO :-).

I will continue to fly the LevelD anyway and see if I can get another lead on the problem.

Greets, Benny