Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

flywife

Starting from scratch

Hi Everyone,

I am hoping this is the place to help me out.

My husband is a flight sim nut. It is his birthday in October and he is currently working away and will not be home until just around his birthday.

I know nothing about flight sim but I want to set him up a proper station where he can fly to his hearts content. So I guess a few questions.

Is Microsoft Flight the latest version and where do I buy it from?

How many monitors would I need to get?

He already has pedals and a joystick - is there anything else he needs?

I want to have this all ready for him when he returns home. Working away for 4 months so want to give him something special and something he loves.

So any advice on how to set this all up for him would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

If you really want to please him, order him an Obutto cockpit with flightsim addon: http://www.obutto.com/home_r3volution.html

I have their older model and love it.

For the software - he probably knows what he prefers to use if he's into sims already?

But if you replace his old computer desk with an Obutto he will be well pleased ;)

I think he will like such a surprise. But what if he already has some ideas on what he would really like and you show up with something else? Partly it will be a surprise, but I can imagine that it can also be a disapointment if it is something completely different from what he really wants. What about the idea of surprising him with a voucher or something (selfmade offcourse) and let him decide what he really wants and go shopping with him. I know that I would like that better!

Greetings,

Theo

Hi,

well he did hint on more monitors other than just the 1 desk top one as well as getting microsoft flight..........

Jodie

By the way, any chance of him checking out this forum. Better check that browser history! :huh:

I hope I am not too late, but I have read that Microsoft has stopped the development of MS Flight, So going that way is running into a dead end street.

Greetings,

Theo