Sign in to follow this  
G7USL

System Mechanic uninstalled

Bryan, will the voice version work now please?

Dave Taylor gb.png

Hi Dave,

As described in the previous thread on "System Mechanic", as far as I know you will need to re-install Windows as System Mechanic damages Windows.

Uninstalling System Mechanic is probably not sufficient... but don't hold me to that.

Please double check with the System Mechanic support people for the latest info.

Cheers,

About a year ago, I bit the bullet and re-installed Windows 7 as a last resort to get FS2Crew Voice software to work. Painting my house would have been easier. But Bryan was right, re-installing Windows solved whatever the problem was and I have been emjoying FS2Crew add-ons ever since.

As I have been a user of System Mechanic for years, it's possible System Mechanic had something to do with my problem last year. I have continued to use System Mechanic since then and have not had a problem with FS2Creww add-ons. Until today.

Last night, I ran a System Mechanic "Deep Analysis" followed by a "Repair All". This took all night. Everything seemed fine until I tried to fly my Maddog MD-83 w/ FS2Crew. The FS2Crew starts properly, but the Voice button is not illuminated and will not stay illuminated. No FO actions or voice either. This is exactly what I ran into a year ago. I then tried my PMDG J-41. Same problem. I'm distraught.

I'm about to try the System Mechanic "Safety Net" feature to see if I can rescue myself from this disaster. If that doesn't work, I'll be contacting System Mechanic support next week.