Sign in to follow this  
HaraldG

Zürich Airport for FS2004

Good evening,

I am going to buy LSZH Zürich Airport for FS2004 and of course I considered Aerosoft's FS2004 version first. But then I found a threat in the FSX forum saying that a FSDT version is better than Aerosoft's.

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/361689-zurich-airport-wich-one/

Is there an alternative to Aerosoft for FS2004, too? - Especially taking into consideration actuality and framerates. Zürich 2012 by Aerosoft should indeed show the airport layout of 2012, and I experienced framerates of > 30 FPS at their modern Vilnius and Yekaterinburg airports even with complex AI traffic on my rather low-performing PC so that I hope Zürich will behave similar.

Thanks, Harald

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

FSDT is for FS9 too.

And it is better. :wink:

Thanks, Rafal, for your fast answer.

And it is better

Aye, Sir.

By the way, their LSGG should have the same quality?

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

their LSGG should have the same quality?

Yes, more or less. Zurich is just a more interesting airport.

But I have both products and I am really glad with them.

I concur with Rafal,

FSDT LSZH is better

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

So I will try both, LSZH and LSGG.

Thanks, Rafal and Egbert.

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

Now I tried both airports and I am willing to buy them.

But now I have another question:

Buying them is possible via the addon manager, which has an own menue entry within FS2004 since I installed both sceneries.

When I will have bought the sceneries,

- I want to remove the addon manager, because I want a clean FS2004 menue. Furthermore,

- I don't want to have the files in a folder FSDreamteam\.... but I want them to have in my specific scenery folders named in the order "continent\state\ICAO Airport".

Will this be possible?

Until now, after buying all my Aerosoft and LatinVFR sceneries, I installed all these sceneries into a "dummy" FS2004 folder or within a sandbox. I studied which files they installed into which folders. Then I was able to move all sceneries into the folder I wanted to have them in and edited the scenery.cfg file. Then I deinstalled the sceneries from the dummy folder or deleted the sandbox and I backed up the install file together with the licence code or serial number. For now, I installed LSGG and LSZH into the FSDreamteam folder as the install routines wanted it. I hope my way will be possible with these airports after buying and activating them, too.

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

Hello Harald!(vivas from Mykolaiv! :) ) For Your inform- are You seen "FreeZ der freeware scenery Zürich"? If no- look at it scenery too, it`s here http://lszh.aviation-art.ch/ Quite good look, but at my pc scenery have low fps(as example 3D model have polygons with inner texture...). My be You liked this scenario too.

Good morning UR67393, hello from Dresden, an thank you for your advice!

I used this FreeZ scenery so far, and experienced terrible framerates (10-15). That's the reason I wanted a newer scenery, because generelly framerates are better with modern sceneries. I tested FSDreamteam's and FPS increased to almost 30, which I have defined as upper limit.

Perhaps I give FreeZ v. 0.9 one more try, as it seems that I had an elder version.

Thanks Rafal again, I will ask there.

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

Hi all! just to put my tuppence in i have the FreeZ Version os LSZH and my frame rates are good my system is only mid range in my opinion.

I realized, that my version of FreeZ was rather old and I will try with an actual one, which comes in a "base" and a "ultra" version.

But I think it won't have the nnew Terminal B, which is already included with Aerosoft's and FSDT's sceneries.

Thats why I will ask my question via FSDreamteam too, because I looked at this complex scenery with good framerates, and I liked it - same with LSGG.

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

Good morning UR67393, hello from Dresden, an thank you for your advice!

Good day Harald, hi from Mykolaiv again!

I used this FreeZ scenery so far, and experienced terrible framerates (10-15). That's the reason I wanted a newer scenery, because generelly framerates are better with modern sceneries...

Yes, FeeZ scenario have low fps- Freez`s Zürich scenario need at optimisation for better fps. However You perhaps know X- Plane fs increase of own progress little by little. Is may be better migration at X- Plane afterwards(when it will be better then now), and use sw & fw scenario for X- Plane? XP have good perspectives- into msfs not will such never in future...

Honestly spoken, migrating to X-Plane is a task I am hardly couraged for, after I have such a nice and round FS2004...

Greetings to Ukraine! --- Where I will spent at least few hours at August (have to change the plane on my UAI flight from Berlin to Tbilisi via Kiev-Borispyl...)

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

Honestly spoken, migrating to X-Plane is a task I am hardly couraged for, after I have such a nice and round FS2004...

May be eventually XP will be the best at all options- time will tell us after, and now FS2004, You are right now... But nevertheless we need to continuously heed, explore the XP10, because... may be eventually XP will be the best into all options! :)
Greetings to Ukraine! --- Where I will spent at least few hours at August (have to change the plane on my UAI flight from Berlin to Tbilisi via Kiev-Borispyl...)

Thank You very much! :) Greetings for Germany too! Fly more often in virtual Ukraine- welcome! ...And are You perhaps use new well- done Borispyl scenario from "interskystudio"?