Sign in to follow this  
Bobsk8

Flying Jobs

Starting my 3rd day of flying jobs, and I like it. Get's me to fly to airports that I normally wouldn't find, and also shows how long the flight will be, in case a 200 mile flight is too long at the moment. Nice when the co-pilot doesn't get snarky, when a quick descent on final to avoid the trees, and still make the runway, results in a harder landing than I am used to ( to this day I remember by instructor in 1978 telling me to never dive at the runway) . I pick the job, make a flight plan in Plan G, load up and leave. Cool!!!!!!

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Without Jobs, I'd probably never even notice a lot of the little airports, let alone explore the area around them and land.

Agreed to both of you...I have made a home base in Unalakleet in the spirit of the show "Flying Wild Alaska" and been taking jobs primarily out of there (if only I could get an Era Alaska paint job...). I can't wait to see the future of missions once bigger planes are added. Would love to see something like a Boeing 737 where missions are to deliver 100+ passengers or 20,000 lbs of cargo. Jobs are to me what will keep the game from becoming stale, only thing I would like to see is more variety in both the missions and dialogue especially when it comes to the dispatcher telling me to not forget to fill out my paperwork after landing for the 100th time!

I have made a home base in Unalakleet in the spirit of the show "Flying Wild Alaska" and been taking jobs primarily out of there

I almost did the same thing, then I discovered the Kenai Peninsula and decided to call it "home" instead. I'm having a great time exploring it, with Jobs so far taking me all across the area from Seward up to Wasilla, across to Sparrevohn, down to Ekwok then on to Kodiak and dozens of places in between. There's an incredible variety to to the terrain in that region.

I almost did the same thing, then I discovered the Kenai Peninsula and decided to call it "home" instead. I'm having a great time exploring it, with Jobs so far taking me all across the area from Seward up to Wasilla, across to Sparrevohn, down to Ekwok then on to Kodiak and dozens of places in between. There's an incredible variety to to the terrain in that region.

Looks like I might check out the jobs down there after lunch...

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Moved to Kenai today, and there are a ton of airports around there to fly to for jobs. Great area. I like it too, since I flew around there in a RA.

A guy could make a pretty good living flying between Adak and Atka, with all the clandestine cargo jobs there. At least in Flight. :) I'm 3400 pounds short of my Pirate badge, so I think I'll hang around there for a while.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;