Sign in to follow this  
Alberto Zanot

GEX and UTX question

hello everybody!

i am planning to buy either all GEX and all UTX addons, and i would like to ask a (maybe noob) question:

do all utx and gex releases work toghether?

i mean, can i install europe, USA, alaska related toghether and fly, or do i have to install only europe if i plan to fly over europe? (and then reinstall USA if i fly over USA)

in other words do i have to reinstall the correct version each time i change location?

hope i was clear

thanks so much!

Yes, you can have all three at the same time. They all do different things/areas so won't cause problems. I think there is however, some issues about the order you install them, but that should be obvious from the manuals.

They don't work like ORBX does where you load one continent at a time.

Yes, all the UTX and GEX releases work together. No need to install/uninstall/install when you fly in the different regions covered by these products.

Jeff

AVSimSig.jpg

I agree with the statements above however I STRONGLY agree that you install GEX first as it will give you an option to install UTX and other Flight1 Products with it.

I agree with the statements above however I STRONGLY agree that you install GEX first as it will give you an option to install UTX and other Flight1 Products with it.

Actually, you want to install UTX first because GEX is just textures (vs. textures & land calss) that blend in with/override/enhance some of the UTX textures...

Actually, you want to install UTX first because GEX is just textures (vs. textures & land calss) that blend in with/override/enhance some of the UTX textures...

Well, When I first Installed UTX and then GEX I had some issues but when I did it the other way around I had none.

The GEX installer lets you select installation of the main textures and also select UTX enhancement options such as upgraded UTX textures and night road lighting. Therefore, it makes sense to install UTX first. However, you can always use the GEX installer to upgrade UTX if GEX was installed first.

Art

thanks so much for the answers!!! :lol:

well, as i can see there are different points of view about wich product to install first.

Anyway my main question is largely answered: they all three work toghether.

I will go for GEX Eu + UTX Eu, and then i'll complete with U.S. and the rest in a second time.

Thanks so much and sorry for my english :rolleyes: