Sign in to follow this  
samtx

Plane Crashes In Alaska

(*possible spoilers at link*)

http://news.microsoftflight.com/blogs/news/archive/2012/07/17/plane-crashes-in-alaska.aspx

I thought they were talking about me, but apparently not. I wonder if we can salvage any of these and get them flying again.

Alaska is a dangerous place to fly, and wrecked planes dot the landscape, mute reminders of the hazardous conditions Alaskan pilots must face. We’ve included some downed planes in the Alaskan Wilderness Experience Pack – can you find them?

Don't click the link if you want to discover them for yourself.

I just discovered one yesterday. Thought it was pretty cool.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

There's an Icon A5 that I left under one of the drilling platforms outside Anchorage too :-)

I used to love flying around the Everglades in a Cessna 152, and seeing all the wrecked aircraft. Most of them belonged to drug runners that would ditch the plane they stole, and have an airboat off load the drugs and leave the wrecked plane there. Probably still is happening today.

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Uhmmmmmm....... wrecked plane with the anti-gravity still working?

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Haha I saw sooooo many of them everywhere, like ou can land on the oil extraction platforms and still be some cms above the ground.

Flight crashboxes are very approximatives, remember the John Rodgers field storage facility and other similar stuff :rolleyes:

I've seen the DC-3 at the airport, but I've been to where the bomber should be, and there's nothing there. If anyone finds it, post a pic of it and map pic please?

Update -- also looked for the DC-3 "near Reindeer Lake" and again found nothing. The only online reference I found for a crashed/derelict DC-3 near a Reindeer Lake was in Canada, not Alaska.

Update -- also looked for the DC-3 "near Reindeer Lake" and again found nothing. The only online reference I found for a crashed/derelict DC-3 near a Reindeer Lake was in Canada, not Alaska.

If it is anything like trying to find a real crashed DC3, sometimes they search for months.

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310