Sign in to follow this  
drewsaw2

Back Projection Screen

Just came across this. Stole my idea, but looks really cool.

http://www.totalspanishsimulator.com/wp/en/productos/pantalla-retroproyeccion/

CPU: i7-9700KF stable @ 5.0GHz | MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero | GPU: ASUS GTX 1080 Ti @ stock | RAM: G. Skill Trident Z 32GB (2x16GB) 3200Mhz | PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus | COOLING: Deepcool Castle 240 AIO | PANEL: 27" @ 1080p

Very nice if you could get one!!!..but what a crap website! ....they could have used someone who writes better English to present their website

I totally agree with Carlos, their website gives no idea of a price either. Their advanced simulator uses very high voltage and uses 164kWatts so it must be for professional purposes.

Still, nice find 'drewsaw'

They probably just entered the market and are testing things out, so I'll cut them some slack.

But I agree, the business strategy will need to evolve if they plan on selling a lot of these things. The lack of transparency on their product pages in regards to pricing is a negative, especially considering they don't even offer a phone number.

But man, how awesome would sitting in front of that thing be?

CPU: i7-9700KF stable @ 5.0GHz | MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero | GPU: ASUS GTX 1080 Ti @ stock | RAM: G. Skill Trident Z 32GB (2x16GB) 3200Mhz | PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus | COOLING: Deepcool Castle 240 AIO | PANEL: 27" @ 1080p

Website looks great . They have a nice variety of products as well but I guess they are pretty new in the market.There is no doubt about the fact that it would be amazing to sit in front of the giant screen.

projector screens

I've seen these screens somewhere before, and I feel they are rather expensive for what they are. I have my own home built 737-800; thought about back projection when I started to built it in 2004, but decided on the following. 3 X NEC WT 610 close projectors. These projectors sit on the floor only 30 inches from my three home built screens. Each screen is 6.6" X 5'6" (actual picture size 6'6" X 4'6"). I therefore have a picture 19'6" X 4'6". I should mention that I use a MatroxTripleHeadtoGo Unit to achieve all this. From inside my Sim. I can't see the top of picture, and at the far sides, left and right have some large perspex mounted mirrors set at an angle down the side of the Sim. All in all it could not really be more immersive for a home set-up.

The NEC WT610 is pretty hard to find now, but there are probably still some around. Now I know what 'some' are saying - expensive set-up, and yes I agree I am a lucky boy (worked hard all my life to achieve this!), but I thought I would write this as you really don't need expensive screens. My three very large screens cost around £350; the pennies are of course in the Projectors, at the time of purchase about £1400 each!!

I did try a curved screen once, but had to introduce some special software in order for the picture to look 'right' Didn't work well for me, and asked for refund which was not a problem.

Just for those who want to know, I built my screens on a 2 X 2 wood frame work, MDF board, and then covered in plaster board, which I had professionally screaded. Painted white, and then a special reflective white screen paint,