Ok, so I got a Saitek Pro Yoke, which immediately started aggrivating me by means of poor roll response; it would register a turn to the right almost immediately, but a turn to the left would need 10 degrees or so of travel before registering.

Saitek (Mad Catz) took it back and "fixed" it, which only lasted about a day. Unfortunately, I can no longer seem to be able to contact them...

Anyway, can FSUIPC help with anything like this? I am also assuming it's a hardware issue but I'm not sure.

thanks,

Andrew

I have had a saitek yoke for about 3 years with no real problems. I do use FSUIPC to calibrate and management all of my input controls. To more directly answer your question: Yes, maybe. FSUIPC can certainly improve the level of response and can, in most instances, fix the issues with the saitek yoke. That assumes there is nothing mechanically wrong with the yoke and/or its sensors.

Good luck with your attempt to fix the problem.

Regards,

Danny

Turner

Are you using the Saitek SST software (not the driver the programming software)? If so, You have to be careful that you do not have any duplicate assignment conflicts between SST and FSX (including the mouse and keyboard).

FSX expects the sensitivites of all axes to be full right (100%) and all the null zones full left (0%) - once set up you can change these but they can give odd results.

FSUIPC4 can help - but you should not run the SST software as well, and again there must be no duplicate assignments between FSX and FSUIPC (including the mouse and keyboard axis assignments). With FSUIPC you can mix ' match ie set some axes, buttons, keys, etc in FSX and some in FSUIPC4, or you can disable the FSX settingss and assign everything via FSUIPC4.

Good Luck

pH

Ok, so I got a Saitek Pro Yoke, which immediately started aggrivating me by means of poor roll response; it would register a turn to the right almost immediately, but a turn to the left would need 10 degrees or so of travel before registering.

This absolutely sounds like a calibration problem. Restart, unplug, replug and re-calibrate. I've never needed to do the registry edits, only this when I see similar issues.

I use FSUIPC with mine and would absolutely recommend it to help fine tune things, but this you can probably do a basic fix to your problem without it.

Do yourself a favor - throw it away and get a quality yoke.

Aww... :-)

Saitek gear has its limitations and does require some nursing and tweaking, but I've been satisfied with mine from a price/performance point of view after getting things dialed in, including FSUIPC calibration and curves for various aircraft. Doing better costs a lot more and is something I look forward to doing at some point, but the Saitek can be more than adequate with care and tuning.

Scott

I'm sure we all would like to use top quality gear but some of us are limited in what we can afford due to other financial commitments. So we use what we can & it probably does the job. Although the OP may agree with your advice.

All due respect, but not the most helpful advice : )

Kind Regards

Simon.

Do yourself a favor - throw it away and get a quality yoke.

What is a quality yoke - throttle - pedals except for the high end 737 look alike steering columns etc. ?

Sorry if I am off course.

All due respect, but not the most helpful advice : )

Not? You missed the 2nd part of my post, the link to Saitek?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

That, yes. Affordable with a little bit of saving for anyone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

That, yes. Affordable with a little bit of saving for anyone.

The cheapest PFC yoke is about 5x the price of a Saitek and that's not counting the optional Hall effect sensors that I know I'd want. Don't get me wrong, I hope that one of these days I'll talk myself into one but I'm at a bit of a loss on the "saving" part Srdan!

We're really talking different leagues here.

Scott

Correct, 5x the price, with a pretty high chance you will be replacing your plastic yoke in couple of years (not even mentioning mods you are going to have to perform for it to run well), while PFC is going to hold for years (without even opening it), being a metal design. For the Hall Effect sensor wish, well... that's like buying a car and wanting expensive rims on it. Sure, looks cooler and runs better, but normal rims will also do.

I'm not getting you wrong, only saying with a little bit of selfcontrol you can have yourself quite a nice setup.

Correct, 5x the price, with a pretty high chance you will be replacing your plastic yoke in couple of years

Ahh, now I see where you're coming from! Point taken.

Scott

Hello

From the PCF "About us" page:

Established in 1990 , Precision Flight Controls, Inc. is recognized as a leading manufacturer of flight training devices. Our Basic and Advanced Aviation Training Devices (BATD/AATD) are both FAA and Transport Canada Approved. Many of our systems are also approved around the world by regulatory agencies such as CASA, DGAC, ANAC, ICAO and the JAA.

I do not think that folks using joysticks with FSX are part of their target market.

Great yokes though, I have one branded AETI sitting in my loft waiting for me to get round to converting it to USB.