Hi all,

Just installed my licence key and had a quick flight as a registered user.

I had a few issues which I have not seen in the demo.

With MCE already running, at the free flight selection screen in FSX I was switching to my F1 C177 Cardinal and then loading the flight.

Upon the flight loading, I would get an error message saying that 'MCE Main Application has Stopped Working' - then MCE would shut down and I would have to try again. It then did this a second time. On the the third try it worked ok.

Is there a recommended start up procedure to avoid issues like this? Maybe loading the flight first and then starting MCE is a better option?

Thanks,

Glenn

Hi Glenn,

I always load the aeroplane first and then start MCE.

Not sure if it is necessary but i do it because MCE works with a lot of aircraft and it scans the status of your aircraft when you first load it, so i play the safe card.

Also, there are lots of checklists for different aircraft already loaded in the MCE main folder, and you can create some for your own use if they were not included. Once MCE has started, go to the MCE checklist tab and ascertain if your aircraft has been correctly recognised, if it hasnt been, just click "change" and select the correct checklist from the drop down menu.

You should only have to do this once, and next time you load that particular aircraft, MCE will know what type and what checklist you wish to use.

I used to be like Will, MCE was the last thing I started, once I was at the gate.

Recently, I have used the MCE option to 'auto start' with FSX and so far I've had no problems. I'm using REXe, EFB, UT2 and MCE.

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

Hi all,

Just installed my licence key and had a quick flight as a registered user.

I had a few issues which I have not seen in the demo.

Upon the flight loading, I would get an error message saying that 'MCE Main Application has Stopped Working' - then MCE would shut down and I would have to try again. It then did this a second time. On the the third try it worked ok.

Glenn

I am also getting this error and shutdown, I've only just purchased it so am still trying to work out what causes it.

I have FSCaptain, UT2, AISmooth 1.2, DBS Airport GPS, and FSRealWx running as well.

What other addons are you running Glenn, maybe it is one of these causing a conflict?

Please post if you manage to find out the cause and I'll do the same.

I am also getting this error and shutdown' date=' I've only just purchased it so am still trying to work out what causes it.

I have FSCaptain, UT2, AISmooth 1.2, DBS Airport GPS, and FSRealWx running as well.

What other addons are you running Glenn, maybe it is one of these causing a conflict?

Please post if you manage to find out the cause and I'll do the same.[/quote']

I'm currently working with the developer on this via email.

You may want to send a message to support to mention this. At least they will know its not just me.

I have found that it happens 100% when switching aircraft. Is this the same for you?

I will email them now. It was happening randomly, and not so often that it spoiled the use of the software, but I have now found that it happens just about every time I try to do the 'before engine startup, checklist in the Cessna 172. I have not had chance to try switching aircraft yet.

IS this fixed for you guys now with V2.4.9.4

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

IS this fixed for you guys now with V2.4.9.4

So far so good....