Sign in to follow this  
ChrisJake

UPS Hubs.

Apart from SDF and PHL, can anyone tell me what the major hubs are for UPS? Thanks,Bruce.

Guest Rob

Louisville, Philly, Denver and Anchorage are the main hubs. However, they tend to operate more of a *spoke* than a *hub* system from what I've seen. I've seen UPS aircraft at East Midlands (EGNX), Mexico City, Sydney, Santa Ana, Vienna, Warsaw, Hamilton Ontario, Clearwater, Dallas, Hong Kong, Ontario, Taipei, Stockholm, Valencia, Singapore, Vancouver, Cologne, Phoenix, Helsinki, Fargo ... etc.UPS also have a number of Boeing 727-100's operating in Europe, registered in Denmark with OY- prefixes.

Thanks Rob. Interesting information. I gather the "spoke rather than hub" ops refers to not having many planes arrive at the same time at one of these bases, but rather working a fewer number of a/c through the "hub" sequentially.Bruce.

UPS westcoast hub is in Ontario California (KONT), their european hub is in Colgne/Bonn Germany, Anchorage is used as a refueling station and crew hub as there is no sorting facility there.i believe they have large sorting facilities in Dallas, Rockford IL and Columbia SC as well.i have a friend who is a 747 captain for UPS and he's in the above cities quite often, especially KONT, PANC, and Colognehope this helps..chris

Thanks Chris,Some good info. I assume that, since KONT is so clase to KLAX, that KLAX is not used by UPS much? I've seen lots of FedEx traffic into LAX, but must admit not UPS. I would have thought that LAX would be a better international gateway, but maybe not....Thanks,Bruce.

thats correct. i'm not exactly sure when KONT was established as a hub, but since that day i don't believe UPS has visited LAX.chris