Sign in to follow this  
turner112

RealityXP... won't keep working without reinstall/reactivation

Ok, first, let me apologize as I've posted in some other places, and I'm at my wits' end trying to get my RXP modules to function properly for more than a few days (or less) without "going pink".

I've posted in a few places but wanted to ask here, as well, in case anyone here (who may not see my other posts) has experienced and successfully resolved this problem.

Basically, something with the RXP installation causes the gauges to deactivate. I don't know if it's a security thing, dll thing, whatever, but from what I've read it's related to virus protection.

I've bought the T, N, 530, 430, and Unlimited, and this keeps happening to ALL gauges. I went to reinstall (again) tonight and was notified that I've reached my limit. It's "easy" to get new keys generated, but really, I don't want to have to keep spending time, over and over again, to get something working only to fail again very soon after.

Anyone know how to truly fix this?

thanks,

Andrew

Anyone know how to truly fix this?

i do not own the gauges,but from your description, it sounds as if your system is changing every time you reboot,hence the revalidation requirement.

Are you the system administrator,and are you installing the gauges as administrator?

Is your AV off when you install the RXP gauges?

Have you made an exclusion for this particular software in your AV?

Hi Dimitri,

Yes, I am the system administrator, and no, the AV wasn't off last time I reinstalled. Tomorrow I will re-install without AV running.

I looked for where to make the exclusion, but didn't see it... I'll look again.

thanks for the help-

Andrew

Make sure you install as administrator by right clicking on the exe,and select the administrator option.

There should be a setting in your AV for excluding folders/applications etc.I use NIS and it gives me that option.

Keep us posted!

PS.Turn UAC off in windows,as it may tamper with the installation!

Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\User Accounts

Change user account control settings, set to "never notify" apply and reboot.

Thank you Glenn-

Quick question: does the procedure you're describing have any bearing on re-installs for RXP?

. . . [edit] just went to do this, but I can't find "never notify". I am the administrator. . . .

In other words, should I try that first (I'm sure I will) or reinstall first, or reinstall after?

I'm just paranoid because the software seems pretty sensitive.

thanks,

Andrew

. . [edit] just went to do this, but I can't find "never notify". I am the administrator. . .

I assume you're running Win7

Andrew,click on the little action centre flag in the right lower part of your taskbar and open the action centre.

Then you will see "change user control settings".Open it and put the slider all the way to the bottom.(never notify)

Close the action centre and reboot.

Install your software and leave the UAC off.

Running XP.

[edit] I should qualify that though. I also have an iMac (27" i7)/ Bootcamp running 7. I like having dual monitors on my PC though so I haven't looked into using it much; I haven't seemed to have trouble running the 430 (that's all I installed) but haven't tried it in a while.

thanks-