Sign in to follow this  
Jerad

feelthere/wilco evolution - ALL AIRBUS' do this

Am I the only one who deals with the Autopilot switching off randomly in midflight?

Im not sure if these aircrafts were just all programmed to do it randomly every once in a while, or if it hits a little turbulence it disconnects?

Did you move the side stick? Excess side stick movement causes AP to disengage due to safety concern.

If your elevator axis isn't centered or moves while the AP is on it will disconnect. You might want to recalibrate your yoke or joystick.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

Its fully being controlled by the autopilot, and im not touching it - it will slowly rock side to side until the rolls start getting to high (takes about 10 minutes of flying) and then the autopilot disconnects and it is a hassle to get the airplane back on autopilot after this happens.

Am I the only one who deals with the Autopilot switching off randomly in midflight?

Im not sure if these aircrafts were just all programmed to do it randomly every once in a while, or if it hits a little turbulence it disconnects?

I have been having this same problem. I just downloaded FTG-ACARS and on 2 out of 4 of my last flights the autopilot shut off with the warning and I have not been able to get it back on. I press both AP buttons which cause the AP in the FMA to flicker on and off and nothing...Any ideas?

I have been having this same problem. I just downloaded FTG-ACARS and on 2 out of 4 of my last flights the autopilot shut off with the warning and I have not been able to get it back on. I press both AP buttons which cause the AP in the FMA to flicker on and off and nothing...Any ideas?

It hasnt happened to be in the past 20 or so flights.

Heres what I figured out -

when you get to FL10, you have to increase speed above 250 knots. Other wise the plane will pitch upwards and rock side to side and stall and DISCONNECT AP.

So after take off put your airspeed to 250- and when you get up to 10,000 ft - put it at anything above 300.

Or you can set your CLB phase in your FMS to 340 knots. And then put a cruise speed of .76