Sign in to follow this  
steve howlett

new video of Boeing's Trent engine for the T7

Nice video! Thanks for sharing.

This raises one question every time I see technical Lego sculptures.

When are Legos are no longer called Legos. I have never seen Lego pieces is any of those shapes. It looks like a rudimentary plastic sculpture with millions of Lego bumps sticking out.

Chuck Biggins

Guest Ps762

Hi!

Nice link. Thanks. I wonder if Rolls Royce sponsered it or bought it. I'm not really sure it would send the right message if they put it in their headquaters lobby. Anyway I would be seriously worried if I was on a 777 and saw that when I looked out of the window!

Many thanks.

Pierre

Guest Ps762

Speaking of Lego structures.

I love James May! I wish we could see him more on BBC America.

That's cool. I live near Dorking and go to that vinyard a lot.

Many thanks.

Pierre

Hi!

Nice link. Thanks. I wonder if Rolls Royce sponsered it or bought it. I'm not really sure it would send the right message if they put it in their headquaters lobby. Anyway I would be seriously worried if I was on a 777 and saw that when I looked out of the window!

Many thanks.

Pierre

RR sponsored it, in fact a team of 8 of their employees (trainee engineers and apprentices by the sounds of it), were responsible for getting it built, though the actual building was done by 'professional lego builders' (who apparently exist :huh: ).

http://www.bbc.co.uk...yshire-18876537

Guest Ps762

Hi Japascoe!

Thanks for the link. The article was interesting but even more so was the link to this article about a gliding club:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-18944821

It says they need £50,000 + £170,000 = £220,000 for a new hanger!! I used to go to the Surrey Hills Gliding club near me and they had a (soft) hanger which held maybe 6 gliders perfectly safely and would have cost maybe £5000-10,000 max. I expect. Are these people living on another planet!

Many thanks.

Pierre

Building giant things out of Lego is getting old, but I wonder if anyone has ever built a giant Lego brick out of Lego?