Sign in to follow this  
Fatback

OpusFSX

Thanks man, that quote above was the key. I sent it to a custom location. Apparently that does not work. I wanted to install it under the Programs Files (x86) folder and I guess you can't. Got it sorted now with the default location.

Please read and follow the steps laid out in the Getting Started guide, it is installed with the software or you can download it from our website ...

Software Installation

Ensure Microsoft .NET version 2, SimConnect and FSUIPC4 are installed on your server and optional client PCs.

After downloading the OpusFSX.msi installation file, double click on the file and follow the instructions to install the software into the standard c:\OpusFSX directory.

If you have purchased the product, you will have downloaded the OpusFSX_Flight1_Purchase.exe file, make sure this file is run on your main 'flying' (FSX/Prepar3D) server system and not one of your (optional Live View) client systems. This is a wrapped 'exe' file that includes the very latest OpusFSX.msi installation file. After you have purchased the product you should find the OpusFSX.msi installation file, your license OpusFSX.lic and .key files in your 'unwrapped' c:\Opus Software folder on your main FSX/Prepar3D computer system. Once again, simply double click on the OpusFSX.msi installation file and follow the instructions to install the software into the standard c:\OpusFSX directory.

The OpusFSX software must be installed on your main 'flying' FSX server system (your primary FSX computer) and copied (or installed, it doesn't matter) onto each of your optional client FSX systems. You may install the software onto a drive other than the C drive (e.g. d:\OpusFSX) provided its root path is \OpusFSX. I will assume you have chosen the C drive.

N.B.

You only need to unwrap the purchased OpusFSX_Flight1_Purchase.exe file on your designated main 'flying' server system. All optional client systems are unlicensed and do not require license or key files. Do NOT unwrap the purchased 'exe' file on your client systems, it is not required. Neither do you need to create, or copy, the c:\Opus Software folder onto your client systems. This folder contains the license and key files which are ONLY needed on the server system.

To install the software on your client systems, you can simply create a c:\OpusFSX folder on each of your clients and copy the files and sub-folders across from the server's c:\OpusFSX folder.

If you are upgrading, take care not to corrupt your DAT files on the client PCs which contain your client's current configuration and operational data. Hence copy all but the DAT files.

If you wish you can copy the OpusFSX.msi installation file onto your client systems and double-click on the file to install the software. But you must uninstall the old software first.

Create Desktop Shortcuts

After installing the software we recommend you create shortcuts on your desktop for the server and client programs. These shortcuts will allow you to manually start and shutdown your networked FSX system without too much fuss.

On the main 'flying' server ...

In Windows Explorer, navigate to your installation folder (c:\OpusFSX) and right-click on the FSXSERVER.EXE program. Select the Send to - Desktop (create shortcut) option. Right-click on the new desktop icon, select Properties, rename to OpusFSX SERVER and check the program is configured to Start In: your installation folder (c:\OpusFSX).

On each of your client systems ...

In Windows Explorer, navigate to your installation folder (c:\OpusFSX) and right-click on the FSXCLIENT.EXE program. Select the Send to - Desktop (create shortcut) option. Right-click on the new desktop icon, select Properties, rename to OpusFSX CLIENT and check the program is configured to Start In: your installation folder (c:\OpusFSX).

<end>

And please make sure you turn off your REX and AS2012 weather engines and disable/remove all their visibility and fog effects.

Please read the previous post about reporting any LWE anomalies.

Regards

Stephen

Hi jzimmermann

I've just flown to that area but of course not with the same weather. It took me quite some time to reach the line of cumulus in the distance but I got there in the end. When I did I saw no funny clouds of course just a line of cumulus and two higher bands of altostratus, sorry I couldn't recreate the scene.

Have you tried reinstalling your REX or AS sky and cloud textures. Making sure all their visibility and fog effetcts are turned off. Also check and recover your old cirrus cloud bmp that I believe AS2012 changes to use as fog/haze effects. A comment from Jean-Paul Mes on this forum ...

I think that ASE and REX replace (but backup) the default cirrus_overcast03.bmp file for their custom haze. Do a search for it on your drive(s).

That's all I can think of for now, all I can say is that no software can tell FSX/P3D how to render its clouds, I could not produce slanting clouds even if I tried. I have opened a topic on our Flight1 forum describing how to report anomalies, hope you don't experience too many more.

Happy flying to you all.

Regards

Stephen

Hey Jerome

I'm sorry if I insulted you some how, I was only trying to help. Good luck with your problems!

Good night

Bluepilot76

(flight simming since acorn electron, 1985?)

Hi there,

No insult whatsoever, it's just that I signed my message with "Jerome" and not jzimmermann and I do not know your name, hence the "whatever your name is", there was nothing evil intended by it...lol.

Flightsimming since the ZX Spectrum and A2FS1 on the Apple II actually - http://en.wikipedia..../Harrier_Attack and http://en.wikipedia....rnado_Low_Level, so maybe even a bit more than 25 years :-)

Cheers,

Jerome

I am not saying there are no glitches within the LWE. If you could please follow the procedure for reporting any funnies then we will be able to sort them out. No idea at first site what that strange cloud was, but we are attempting to do alot more than other engines have ever done, and what do I say, there may be a few things I have to correct or tweak. I'm human and this is version 1 of the LWE, but I think at least it deserves the title LIVE. You should also note, that no software can actually render the clouds, we just say what cloud bases they have, what heights they rise to, what type they are, what precipitation they have etc. Perhaps there is a problem over this terrain and the cloud base I used caused the sim to produce this wierd looking effect, If so it will be corrected and I will take note of the terrain when setting the cloud bases.. I will fly the area and have a 'look see'.

If you are interested in sorting the problemm out the correct procedure is to ...

1. Immediately take a copy of your c:\OpusFSX\Themes\OpusWeather.txt file.

This file contains all the downloaded METAR repports and since our engine is more exact, I can use this to load you exact weather and fly the same flight in the exact conditions. It would also be helpful to take a quick peak at the Spy window and see waht cloud layers and depths it reports in your current weather cell.

2. Email me a copy of the OpusWeather.txt file and tell me approximately where you were flying when you saw the anomaly.

This is just about all we both need to get to the bottom of this. I ceratainly would like to know what the strange cloud effect that was. It would have been nice to have been given a chance to find out what was hapenning.

At first guess it looks like a poorly rendered mist or fog effect, a low lying status cloud that appears to be rising up instead of lying flat on the ground. That coould have been proved by simply turning off the fog and mist effects. But without the OpusWeather.txt file all I can do is fly in the same area but with the currect wearther.

Regards

Stephen

Hi there Stephen,

Thanks for the prompt reply and your excellent support :-)

I'll email you that file later on today. I have seen clouds like that when I've using REX Essential as a weather engine in the past, so it may very well be something left over from there. I actually thought that it looked like some kind of down- or updraft that had been rendered as a cloud, thought it would seem too "thin" and geographically isolated to be wind-related.

Cheers,

Jerome

What's with people? Geez. When someone does try and help you bite their head off.

Hey Aaron,

I'm German, it's built into my DNA, I can't help it!

I'm kidding of course...and nobody was biting anyone's head off....

Cheers,

Jerome

I am getting the following when I start FSX:

FSU FSUIPC Failed to Process Request(s) Error Code: 12

Any help would be appreicated.

Never mind. I restarted everything and it went away. However, I still cannot assign a joystick button or keyboard key to the camera views......????

Danny

Hi Danny

Error code 12 is a send message error (send message failed all retries). We are googling now for a fix or reason. One person on the web suggested making sure you are running the software with admin rights. Try that. What version of FSUIPC4 have you got? What sim are you using?

Regards

Stephen

Still the only answer I have found on the web is to make sure you run all programs with full admin rights.

Try that, and let us know how you get on.

Regards

Stephen

Never mind. I restarted everything and it went away. However, I still cannot assign a joystick button or keyboard key to the camera views......????

Hi Danny

Try the following ...

Run FSX and wait for it to initialise after clicking Fly Now.

Run the OpusFSX server program (FSXSERVER.EXE).

Open the Spy window.

Click on any joystick button.

The input should be displayed in the Spy window something like this, whether it is assigned to anything or not,

SIM Event: Joystick 2 Button 10

Do you get these messages?

Regards

Stephen

I tried using opusfsx with prep3d with the "building storms" theme and the clouds looked worse than the default ones.I then loaded the rex ones (default theme) and the clouds looked a bit better but kind of blurry. :(

Hi Danny

Try the following ...

Run FSX and wait for it to initialise after clicking Fly Now.

Run the OpusFSX server program (FSXSERVER.EXE).

Open the Spy window.

Click on any joystick button.

The input should be displayed in the Spy window something like this, whether it is assigned to anything or not,

SIM Event: Joystick 2 Button 10

Do you get these messages?

Regards

Stephen

Stephen:

Thanks for the replies. I did get the DHM and AHM working. Very nice. I did as you suggested concerning assignment of a joystick/keyboard key to the camera views, but, when I pressed a joystick button and or keyboard key, nothing appeared in the SPY window. I can change the view within FSX with a joystick button with no problems.

Danny

Hi Danny,

Please check the particular joystick button and/or keyboard key is not assigned to anything else in FSX. If it is then it doesn't come through to our software.

Regards

Cheryl

Cheryl:

Thanks for the suggestion. I checked and the joystick buttons and keyboard keys that I have tried to use are not associated with any FSX views or actions. Odd that my system appears to be the only one not working for JS or KB assignment. The SPY window will display the keyboard key that I press (i.e. Press G; SPY displays a G). However, it only displays the key pressed in the SPY windows when the camera panel is not active. When the camera panel is active and I have selected the assignment sub-windows (turns red) and press the G key nothing is displayed in the SPY windows.

Danny

Hi Danny,

I can't say I've come across this problem before. At the risk of sounding obvious I assume you have tried all the joystick buttons and none of them work?

A joystick button will appear in the spy window but a keyboard key will not since it has not been requested yet within SimConnect.

Do any joystick inputs appear in the Spy window when you select them?

Do you have multiple joysticks and are they all visible in FSX? We actually receive the joystick inputs from FSX.

Regards

Cheryl

visible in FSX? We actually receive the joystick inputs from FSX

Hi Cheryl and Danny,

I was just thinking: Do you have FSUIPC4?; Registered? If so, could you check if FSUIPC recognize the button(s)?

salu2

Joop

Hi Danny,

I can't say I've come across this problem before. At the risk of sounding obvious I assume you have tried all the joystick buttons and none of them work?

A joystick button will appear in the spy window but a keyboard key will not since it has not been requested yet within SimConnect.

Do any joystick inputs appear in the Spy window when you select them?

Do you have multiple joysticks and are they all visible in FSX? We actually receive the joystick inputs from FSX.

Regards

Cheryl

It is interesting isn't. Your assumption is correct, I have multiple JS all visible and functioning. I have tried several JS buttons with no indication in the SPY windows, yet, all of them are knowledged by FSUIPC and the FSX Controls panel.

Danny