Sign in to follow this  
Fatback

OpusFSX

Hi

You must enable Live Camera and tick the TrackIR box. Please make sure you have read an followed all the instructions listed in our first post for the TrackIR Interface topic in our Flight1 forum. You must follow them to the letter. The instructions come from TrackIR and are essential.

After updating the Game List in TrackIR, make sure you restart TrackIR, then check OpusFSX is listed in the TIR game list when you restart TrackIR.

The renaming of the manifest files before you run TIR are also essential to ensure TIR does not connect directly to FSX.

Make sure you are not running EZCA.

When our FSXTRACKIR program automatically starts you can open it and it will report whether it has connected to TrackIR and FSX. If you manually stop the FSXTRACKIR program then you must restart it to interface to TIR. When connected to TrackIR then OpusFSX will be displayed on the TrackIR screen.

Also make sure you tune your TIR Smoothness setting to optimise the DHM effects. Later today I will collect all this info and post it hear on AVSIM for you.

Regards

Stephen

Hi

I should have mentioned, the screen flicker is because TrackIR is connecting directly to FSX and not to our interface program. This is the normal TIR operation until you perform the steps listed in our TrackIR5 Interface topic on our Flight1 forum. The flicker results because two program's are trying to control the view.

The instructions tell you how to set your system up and prep TIR ready to interface to OpusFSX.

We will post them here soon, but read through our Flight1 forum as well as there might be some useful information there.

If you you just want to use TIR normally without interfacing to OpusFSX then you must obviously disable both Live Camera and TrackIR within the OpusFSX configuration.

Regards

Stephen

Renaming the manifest files ...

Obviously you must stop TIR before doing all the changes, make sure TIR is not running at all, check the hidden icons, if it's there then stop it.

If you set up the system correctly you will see very smooth TIR movement fully interfaced with OpusFSX.

Stephen

Make sure you have TrackIR started before OPUS; otherwise it won't be able to connect. You'll also know if its not connected correctly because OPUS will give an anonying sound alarm and you'll see errors in the dosbox it opens.

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for your help, I dont have time to fiddle with it now so I will try again after the weekend.

I did already think the flicker was because both programs were tring to contorl my viewpoint. But it seems to me that if I turn off "enable live camera control" then TIR should work to control my FSX view point the same as before with no interference from OPUS. Im sure this is how it was working before.

Cheers BP76

(...but if I turn off enable live camera control it seems to kill TIR within FSX completely, which I dont want)

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for your help, I dont have time to fiddle with it now so I will try again after the weekend.

I did already think the flicker was because both programs were tring to contorl my viewpoint. But it seems to me that if I turn off "enable live camera control" then TIR should work to control my FSX view point the same as before with no interference from OPUS. Im sure this is how it was working before.

Cheers BP76

(...but if I turn off enable live camera control it seems to kill TIR within FSX completely, which I dont want)

I agree, I will investigate and correct this, the DHM threads were probably still active but they should automatically shut down.

Regards

Stephen

Hi there

I am intrigued by the functionality offered by opus fsx but have a major concern.

I have fsx on a solid state 64 GB disk with win 7 64 bit installed .

I have about 1.5 GB free but the .NET framework needs more than this amount of space!

That means unfortunately I will not be using this product :-( sigh!

If there are any workarounds I would appreciate assistance

Cheers

Jay

The simple work round would be to install a second hard disk drive and see about installing (moving) some items onto the HDD. I have a large HDD as drive C and use two large SSDs, one for all the FSX files on drive D, and the other for P3D on drive E.

I think, for the best solution, you should consider doing something similar but with just drives C (a large HDD) and D (your fast access SSD). Or see if you can install .NET on drive D.

I must say though, 64GB is a very small drive to be using for your main drive C. It's going to keep giving you nothing but problems in the future.

Regards

Stephen

Hi Jay

There are many programs that rely on Microsoft.NET including SimConnect. Are you sure you don't already have Microsoft.NET v2 installed?

You can check what versions of .NET you have installed by checking your c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework or Framework64 folders. You should see a v2.0.xxxxx folder in addition to the v4.0.xxxxx folder.

Regards

Stephen

how do we impose an immediate weather update once Opus is loaded.

It seems to wait forever

So I set it to update every minute and I got it after a minute.

Any more direct way? than this roundabout?

The simple work round would be to install a second hard disk drive and see about installing (moving) some items onto the HDD. I have a large HDD as drive C and use two large SSDs, one for all the FSX files on drive D, and the other for P3D on drive E.

I think, for the best solution, you should consider doing something similar but with just drives C (a large HDD) and D (your fast access SSD). Or see if you can install .NET on drive D.

I must say though, 64GB is a very small drive to be using for your main drive C. It's going to keep giving you nothing but problems in the future.

Regards

Stephen

Hi Stephen

Many thanks for your prompt reply and suggestions.I will have a look at moving some files.

There does seem to be an installation of the . Net framework on the ssd but the installer went to the . Net installation automatically.

I always thought that one would have to have both the operating system as well as fsx on the SSD for best performance.

Please correct me if I am wrong

Regards

Jay

It seems to wait forever

Hi Peppy

Sorry for the delay, just got back in.

There are two methods,

1. Open the OpusFSX Weather dialog and click on OK.

2. Use the FSX 'Addon - OpusFSI Live Weather - Load Dynamic Weather' menu option.

Regards

Stephen

Hi Stephen

Many thanks for your prompt reply and suggestions.I will have a look at moving some files.

There does seem to be an installation of the . Net framework on the ssd but the installer went to the . Net installation automatically.

I always thought that one would have to have both the operating system as well as fsx on the SSD for best performance.

Please correct me if I am wrong

Regards

Jay

I found it best with the operating system on C of course and putting FSX with all it's scenery and texture files etc. on its own SSD drive. Having a large amount of memory also helps, I have 12GB on most systems and 24GB on my server (but that is a dev machine).

Good luck with your upgrades.

Regards

Stephen

It seems to wait forever

We are starting to revise all our documentation, about time I hear everyone saying. Anyway they should be a little more instructive. My uncle lives in Quebec area, don't envy your winters, you must all be made of sturdy stuff in beautiful Canada.

Regards

Stephen

Hi Peppy

Sorry for the delay, just got back in.

There are two methods,

1. Open the OpusFSX Weather dialog and click on OK.

2. Use the FSX 'Addon - OpusFSI Live Weather - Load Dynamic Weather' menu option.

I have found that #1 never worked for me

Funny, that's the method I usually use. Try opening the Spy window then clicking on the Weather dialogs OK button. The new LWE does generate the weather a lot quicker, but you should see evidence of it in the Spy window.

If you are updating very frequently then perhaps there is hardly any change to notice if you are just looking at the screen. The recommended setting is every 30 mins and/or 50km (default) to every 60mins and/or 80km.

Regards

Stephen

Hi there Stephen,

I just noticed that this thread has thankfully been unlocked again.

I was just wondering today, if there is a particular reason why you would choose not to include a few decent HD cloudsets with LWE? In my opinion this could be something that might greatly help in eliminating any cloud "weirdness" from all the different cloud textures available from other add-ons. I'm not sure how many different cloud types are addressed by LWE and what priority is given to what particular texture, but surely a decent basic HD texture set that would cover all variables would potentially greatly enhance any LWE users' experience and eliminate any possible frustration arising from third party cloud texture mishaps.

Just a thought....

Best regards,

Jerome

Hi Jerome

Nice to hear from you again. The main two reasons are time and the fact that most people already have one HD sky and cloud set provider already installed which they would like to continue using. Saying that, we will soon be providing our own cirrus_overcast03.bmp alpha mask file to correct an annoying sky fog problem that sometimes occurs when certain sky textures and visibility effects are employed. But we will keep your suggestion in mind, its a good one.

Best regards

Stephen