Sign in to follow this  
Fatback

OpusFSX

The more i fly, the more i love it. It's been a long time since i've witnessed a proper FL340 thunderstorm with clouds actually above my aicraft, stunning depiction!

opus.jpg

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

nice picture Nuno. Is that plane by CLS ?

Thank you!

No, it's a Thomas Ruth model with the FeelThere panel. I can't merge my CLS with the VC, it won't work unfortunately :(

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Well, I took the plunge and bought it and mainly for the weather engine. I will see about the camera views later.

It is nice to be at an airport and have the actual METAR report be closely rendered at your point of location. And to see so much overcast skies with no breaks.

Cool.

One glaring issue I have had after a couple test flights,..... my TAT has been steadily rising as I climb. Once in CYUL where the ground temps were 13deg C and I got up to FL130 and the temp was already 32.

Thought it was an anomalie, so I loaded a flight on the west coast at KSFO. Ground temps were 18C , by the time i crawled up to FL210 the temp was +53!! My MD11 couldnt even climb anymore. This is the first time i have seen these weird temp problems after so many flights in FSX, and since I just installed this im thinking it must have something to do with opus LWE. I remember reading someone mentioned it on a post but cant seem to find it and what the response is.

One other thing... The manual talk about right inside FSX add-on menu are Opus options. Well there is no Opus whatsoever in my add on menu. Was this recently taken out in the latest beta or something? I just downloaded and installed on Sunday (yesterday).

Other than that, keep up the great work. Finally and engine that accurately depicts the Metar. Thanks

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

Hi,

Thanks for your comments. Are you sure OpusFSX is connecting to your simulator, you can check in the Spy window.

There should be an add-on menu, usually if there is no add-on menu then OpusFSX hasn't connected. Make sure you have configured the correct sim type and folder within the Config dialog.

The TAT problem is an internal FSX problem which plagues everyone now and again, in the next phase of development starting this week we will be doing all we can to erradicate the TAT problem, but you cannot set the TAT it is set by FSX using the ambient temperature.

Regards

Cheryl

Yes it was connected and i saw all the messages in the spy window and all the Metar information. Now I have restarted the PC and FSX and now I have the menus, but now the LWE will not get any metar information. Spy window reports that it has connected with the correct aircraft and acknowledges pauses and unpause, and i click enable live weather or load dynamic weather, and those messages are repeated in the spy window but still does not follow with any Metar information. Strange.

Thanks for the TAT explanation, although its the first time experiencing it in FSX after all these years. Hopefully someone can squash it with a work around bug.

CYVR LSZH 

Hi,

Strange if METARs were working before then they should be working now unless your Internet connection is not working. Check LW is enabled in the Config dialog and in the Weather dialog you have not inadvertently selected Import from File. Check your update frequency.

We have posted a new beta today which you could try. Uninstall your old version but do not delete the OpusFSX folder since your configuration and camera files are stored here.

Regards

Cheryl

Ok its working better now. And i have it working in P3D too.

One more question. I would like to give the live camera a try, but im used to EZCA and pressing 2 to modify it and then its very easy to modify and position with the mouse freely moving the view as well as the keyboard.

From what im reading in the manual with Live Camera, everything is done pressing the arrows with the mouse which i find somewhat cumbersome. Is there no way to adjust it with the keyboard and mouse freely positioning as well?

CYVR LSZH 

Thought it was an anomalie, so I loaded a flight on the west coast at KSFO. Ground temps were 18C , by the time i crawled up to FL210 the temp was +53!! My MD11 couldnt even climb anymore. This is the first time i have seen these weird temp problems after so many flights in FSX, and since I just installed this im thinking it must have something to do with opus LWE.

woah, not good...Been flying fsx since 2006...never saw or heard of it till now (but im not an opus user yet either)

woah, not good...Been flying fsx since 2006...never saw or heard of it till now (but im not an opus user yet either)

Yeah my thoughts exactly but apparently its a random fsx bug. but for some reason it shows up more using opusfsx. If they can work that out, its great cause the metar accuracy is bang on. But if my TAT keeps rising everytime i climb then its no use, cause the aircraft wont climb after a certain point.

CYVR LSZH 

Hi Dave,

I have had quite accurate TAT in Opus so far, bearing in mind I may not have been flying in the same area. Was testing yesterday comparing the weather at TBPB and fired up AS2012 for the flight to Miami, them used Opus from Miami to New York, AS2012 gave a TAT @ 22000ft of +35 leaving Barbados, and the flight between KMIA and KJFK using OPUS was -27.

So on this test, AS2012 was incorrect with the TAT, to overcome this I had to reload the weather to correct the TAT. Food for thought.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Hi Dave,

I have had quite accurate TAT in Opus so far, bearing in mind I may not have been flying in the same area. Was testing yesterday comparing the weather at TBPB and fired up AS2012 for the flight to Miami, them used Opus from Miami to New York, AS2012 gave a TAT @ 22000ft of +35 leaving Barbados, and the flight between KMIA and KJFK using OPUS was -27.

So on this test, AS2012 was incorrect with the TAT, to overcome this I had to reload the weather to correct the TAT. Food for thought.

Interesting. Thanks for that. I guess the solution is to keep loading weather until it settles in.

CYVR LSZH 

Yes, thinking that a re load settles things down, but I am certainly no weather expert :P

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.