Sign in to follow this  
Fatback

OpusFSX

This product needs a video demo showing what it can do for the average FSX user. I'm reading the site but don't see or fully understand if it benefit me.

If you like seeing real-life live weather when you fly, or like using camera control and creating your own camera view, or if you have ever fancied off loading some scenic or external aircraft camera views onto a networked FSX client system, then OpusFSX was developed with you in mind. All of these features are not only included in one interface (package) they surpass all other products and set new standards within the home simulation industry. We don't however provide any sky or cloud textures so we do recommend REX, ActiveSky, or FEX for their high def textures, just don't bother using their weather engines. If you are curious as to why or how I can make these claims, just read our web page.

Regards

Stephen

If you like seeing real-life live weather when you fly, or like using camera control and creating your own camera view, or if you have ever fancied off loading some scenic or external aircraft camera views onto a networked FSX client system, then OpusFSX was developed with you in mind. All of these features are not only included in one interface (package) they surpass all other products and set new standards within the home simulation industry. We don't however provide any sky or cloud textures so we do recommend REX, ActiveSky, or FEX for their high def textures, just don't bother using their weather engines. If you are curious as to why or how I can make these claims, just read our web page.

Regards

Stephen

Advertising much?

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

This can get pretty subjective...

I'll ask an objective question: Does your camera effect work with TrackIR?

As far as I am aware TrackIR adjusts the pitch, bank, and yaw of the pilot's eye position. In which case TrackIR would be fully compatible with our DHM effects which alter the XYZ positions of the eye position leaving the PBY settings untouched. However, you would not be able to use our DAM effect (irrelevant because DAM is for people using 2D scenic 'out of the window' views), nor would you be able to use our AHM (irrelevant again because you will be turning your head using TrackIR).

I have TrackIR here so I will give it a try and report back. Please feel free to post comments and questions on our own Flight1 forum - it just saves me having to share the same info on several forums. I will get back to you shortly, just powering up the computer and dusting off the TrackIR right now.

Regards

Stephen

As far as I am aware TrackIR adjusts the pitch, bank, and yaw of the pilot's eye position. In which case TrackIR would be fully compatible with our DHM effects which alter the XYZ positions of the eye position leaving the PBY settings untouched. However, you would not be able to use our DAM effect (irrelevant because DAM is for people using 2D scenic 'out of the window' views), nor would you be able to use our AHM (irrelevant again because you will be turning your head using TrackIR).

I have TrackIR here so I will give it a try and report back. Please feel free to post comments and questions on our own Flight1 forum - it just saves me having to share the same info on several forums. I will get back to you shortly, just powering up the computer and dusting off the TrackIR right now.

Regards

Stephen

Thank you, Stephen. Looks interesting.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Advertising much?

We are just about to start advertising and should have our first review in PCPilot magazine. But its the same old story, all our time seems to be spent in development and testing new software features and no time set aside for anything else!

I have some bad news regarding TrackIR, unfortunately TrackIR controls all six degrees of freedom PBY and XYZ and adjusts them constantly. This makes TrackIR incompatible with all our camera shake (DHM and DAM) effects and also our Automated Head Movement (AHM) effects. You cannot have the two programs controlling the camera view's eye position at the same time, our momentary 'shake' and automated effects are completely overridden by the constant TrackIR updates. You could be selective though and just use TrackIR in flight, if needed we can add a feature allowing you to quickly turn off all our effects when you wanted to use TrackIR, might actually do that anyway because it sounds like a nice feature.

Regards

Stephen

Thank you, Stephen. Looks interesting.

Further to my last reply, the switching procedure with TrackIR works a treat. I turn off TrackIR to see our camera shake and automatic head movements, then turn ours off and enable TrackIR to switch back to the TrackIR input with absolutely no conflict. So to update my previous answer, yes the two packages are compatible but you can only use one option at a time and have to switch back and forth between the two. We will be glad to add a feature to accommodate this switching action and make the exercise as simple as possible. Hope this helps.

Regards

Stephen

I have some bad news regarding TrackIR, unfortunately TrackIR controls all six degrees of freedom PBY and XYZ and adjusts them constantly. This makes TrackIR incompatible with all our camera shake (DHM and DAM) effects and also our Automated Head Movement (AHM) effects. You cannot have the two programs controlling the camera view's eye position at the same time, our momentary 'shake' and automated effects are completely overridden by the constant TrackIR updates. You could be selective though and just use TrackIR in flight, if needed we can add a feature allowing you to quickly turn off all our effects when you wanted to use TrackIR, might actually do that anyway because it sounds like a nice feature.

Regards

Stephen

Thank you for reporting, Stephen. I'm sure there's a way (if not that simple) to intercept TrackIR commands and translate them into your camera system.

At any rate, that's quite a feature list on your site.

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Many thanks, the feature list is continually growing as well, we will soon be adding the Live Traffic feature, we are also considering adding a networked virtual keypad feature for user defined commands, and in the future might even add our own low cost alternative to the SkyDemon package, providing a type of VFR planner and GPS navigator. Have you checked out our forum pages and the SkyDemon site, it would be nice to get some feedback on whether sim flyers would find such a real world feature attractive.

As far as advertising is concerned we are already looking at placing an ad on this forum, if so it will be our first.

Regards

Stephen

Thank you for reporting, Stephen. I'm sure there's a way (if not that simple) to intercept TrackIR commands and translate them into your camera system.

At any rate, that's quite a feature list on your site.

I can now report that fullTrackIR compatibility will be included within OpusFSX very soon. We will be adding a TrackIR checkbox option within the OpusFSX configuration and when selected you will be able to enjoy the full effect of our ultra-realistic camera shake effects whilst using the TrackIR device.

Regards

Stephen

I can now report that fullTrackIR compatibility will be included within OpusFSX very soon. We will be adding a TrackIR checkbox option within the OpusFSX configuration and when selected you will be able to enjoy the full effect of our ultra-realistic camera shake effects whilst using the TrackIR device.

Regards

Stephen

Wow, that was fast. Great news!

"Even Ozzy's wagging his tail again. Liam who?"

Software is already prepared in-house and just waiting for the SDK from TrackIR. We will be making a few improvements to the DHM algorithms as well in the coming two weeks as we start a new phase of improvements and upgrades for the DHM. First adding the new Climbing data, followed by upgrading the Live Weather Engine to determine the turbulence parameters, and finally adding the captured InFlight and Turbulent accelerometer data sets. Also adding a few other new features requested from our users. The usual betas will be posted during the development phase as each new effect is added and finalised.

Thanks for your interest.

Regards

Stephen

This product needs a video demo showing what it can do for the average FSX user. I'm reading the site but don't see or fully understand if it benefit me.

We will be preparing our first videos showing some of the features (Dynamic and Automatic Head Movement effects, i.e. DHM and AHM effects) after the conclusion of the current round of betas and the release of Version 2.10. We will also produce videos showing off some of the camera panning shots once we have released the Live Camera Control interface, intended to assist budding video makers and for general users wanting to be a little creative with their camera work.

Regards

Stephen

I can't get the demo to work.

I installed the demo on my main FSX server and then copied from the server into the client PC as instructed in the how to setup manual

My server is Win 7 and the client is a win xp

I already have a home network setup where I have write access from server to the client..but not the other way around. I am afraid to mess up the network settings since it all works as is for me.

When I started the Opusclient from the server it turns green. the local server (on the main machine is also green).

But when I start the client from the xp box, it does not turn green. When I click SPY button, it says ,,it cannot connect to server

Manny

PS: In the IP version 4 (TCP.IPv4) properties, I have "Obtain an IP address automatically"

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

You must follow the Getting Started guide and grant all the necessary permissions, securities, firewall, and network access BOTH ways, from server to client and client to server. Your network or system security is stopping the client from connecting to the server. But you don't need the client to connect unless you specifically want to demo the Live View feature. You can still check out Live Camera by asuming a 'standalone' setup and just running the server program by itself.

Note, the FSXSERVER program is the only program you need to run on your main 'flying' server or your stanalone system. The FSXCLIENT program is intended to run only on the client machine(s) when you are wishing to set up a networked FSX/P3D system.

Changing your sharing, security, and permissions on the server and client systems, and altering the network settings as instructed in the Getting Started guide will not mess your home network up. It will simply grant access both ways, essential for a networked OpusFSX FSX/P3D system.

Regards

Stephen