Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

Any Piper Warrior's?

I'm trying to find a good Piper Warrior... flight model is the most important aspect. It can be payware.

Preferably it would have a 160hp engine... this is the one I used to fly.

Any suggestions?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I have Australian simulations piper warrior, they are not around anymore but you can still buy it on the usual sites.

You can also find reviews, you get the warrior II and III.

The cockpit is accurate to the training warriors I've flown, although it is dated graphically. But for me it's just for practice drills so that's ok.

You might be better off getting a Carenado Archer and tweaking the flight model.

The warrior flight model is ok, but needed tweaking. The things wrong with it:

1. The ball moves way off center and needs lots of rudder. The real warrior can be flown with hardly any rudder in turns.

2. Landing RPM at 1500 in real life, but in the sim it's too fast. Almost have to come in at idle but this is an FSX issue. However I tweaked the flight model so I can land accurately.

3. COG is a bit wonky, on takeoff the nose is unstable immediately after rotate, almost like it needs alot more trim than the real thing.

Other than that, they suit the purpose but they are definitely no RealAir.

Oh also there is RXP integration in the warrior III panel for the 530, with a quick edit. Flat of course.

Just flight has an Fs2004 warrior, I haven't tried that one.

You've made me think about upgrading my warrior to something better actually..

A little digging found people happy with the Justflight warrior, except for the VC.

If one could replace the VC, maybe the Justflight warrior is a go. According to this thread it is thought to be FSX native with an accurate flight model, but bad VC:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/325308-carenado-archer-and-just-flight-warrior-vc-merge/

It's a bit weird that Carenado haven't done a plain old vanilla PA-28-161 Warrior II, which is still hugely popular all over the world. Did my first instrument training on one that still flies daily. I'd certainly be far more interested in this than any of the other hundreds of weird and wonderful PA-28s they have done.

I had the JustFlight Warrior for FS9 (haven't copied it over to FSX) but it's a bit long in the tooth now.

You've made me think about upgrading my warrior to something better actually..

A little digging found people happy with the Justflight warrior, except for the VC.

If one could replace the VC, maybe the Justflight warrior is a go. According to this thread it is thought to be FSX native with an accurate flight model, but bad VC:

http://forum.avsim.n...rrior-vc-merge/

As suggested above...

Get the JustFlight Flying Club X Warrior. Flight dynamics by Rob Young from RealAir Simulations. Need I say more? VC and 2D panel are a bit dated but the handling qualities are absolutely spot-on and make up for the lack of eye-candy.

Cheers,

Adam

The external looks good but the interior.. whew... they basically just copied the defaut c172 gauges.... the warrior gauges don't look like cessna gauges at all...

Have you guys done the carenado VC merge with justflight exterior and fde?

edit: actually the carenado archer VC looks pretty lifeless too... $15 for the JF plane might be worth it... since the vc is flat I could probably revise the gauges to piper ones.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Well I bought it... $15. Meh, it's alright. But not all the switches are working, and some labels are hard to read. The exterior and interior is pretty bad compared to models nowadays. The gauges are bad, basically default C172 gauges slapped into the VC. The radio stack works fine (but no nav2?), but there are some 3D knobs so putting in the RXP 430W will be an issue. I'm not quite getting performance numbers as per my PoH but it's close enough. It's just as slow as I remember lol. I wish there was a way to remove the pax from the plane... their models look alright. And finally there's that annoying prop disc texture from the VC. Now I do recall a slight prop disc when I flew the real plane but the needs some texture work, it's distracting. If anyone know how to get rid of it or tone it down I'm all ears.

Either way I'll live with it - I've got my old checklists and PoH so it should be fun

Here's a few pics:

warriorvc.jpg

warriorext1.jpg

warriorext2.jpg

warriorvc2.jpg

warriorext3.jpg

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

You can remove the passengers by changing the load.

Those people are ugly.

Peter

Show them stalls at 200ft, they won't come back next time :)

I wonder if you can come up with a good panel refit. Does it come with both warriors?

I'll probably get it just for Robs flight model.

With regards to the quality of the gauges and passenger models, it is worth bearing in mind just how old the product is (7 years old).

You shouldn't have any issues with the prop as we updated the aircraft (free of charge) to be FSX native.

Nav 2 is available and can be found directly below Nav 1 on the radio stack (and the VOR 2 gauge is below the VOR 1 gauge).

You can remove the passengers temporarily by clicking on them in the VC. To remove them properly, remove their weights from the payload menu or use the AeroLoad tool.

Thanks

Martyn

Martyn - Just Flight

You did say...

flight model is the most important aspect.

Any suggestions?

How did you find the flight model?

I ended up buying the JF version as well. I took some of the gauges from the Aust sims one to make it more piper-like.

I tried a few other propellors but the thing must be in the model or something I can't get rid of the strobe, but I got used to it.

I got the whole flying club collection for a good price because I wanted the Duchess as well.

However many of the aircraft are totally broken for example the Tomahawk has no gauges and the VC looks terrible. The FAQ says that to fix that you need to install a patch.

However the DRM in the patches prevents me installing it because it is looking for either flying club 1 or flying club 2, not the collection.

So I submitted a case to Justflight support about 10 days ago.

Still waiting... no response yet.

With regards to the quality of the gauges and passenger models, it is worth bearing in mind just how old the product is (7 years old).

You shouldn't have any issues with the prop as we updated the aircraft (free of charge) to be FSX native.

Nav 2 is available and can be found directly below Nav 1 on the radio stack (and the VOR 2 gauge is below the VOR 1 gauge).

You can remove the passengers temporarily by clicking on them in the VC. To remove them properly, remove their weights from the payload menu or use the AeroLoad tool.

Thanks

Martyn

Apologies for resurrecting an old thread but I have just started flying a Warrior in real life and have a few issues with the flight model of the JF version I have. Max RPM with the throttle firewalled seems to be 2600 when 2500 would normally be a fast cruise, any ideas??

I think your best bet will be just to wait until A2A does their Cherokee line, I think they will cover quite a few of the Cherokee variants.  Other than that, I find the Carenado Archer reasonably adequate...the flight model isn't great, but it isn't so terrible that makes the Archer unenjoyable.  Before the A2A 172, the Archer was my go to IFR refresher plane because of its basic 6 pack, old CDIs, DME, and ADF.  I would wait and see if Carenado has a Christmas sale or something, then pick it up.  You could also get it via F1, and then return it if you don't like it. 

Cheers

TJ