Sign in to follow this  
CarlosF

Beta 4 is out!

Just updated to beta 4

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

Sweet!!!! Thx

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Still have joystick calibration problems with the Demo. I have limited range on pitch and roll. Cannot calibrate over the full range of the movement. Using a PFC yoke. Sending another bug report.

Yes! Now I can enjoy flying at night with my CRJ200. Anyone know how the Q400 works? Couldn't get mine up in the air using 10.10b3.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

Beta 4 works great for me. The new quick view system is one of my favorites, makes control of 3D cockpits easy, realistic and very smooth.

Performance is better and it looks nicer too (fps + 25% in HDR+FXAA). Runs stable with some minor issues (known bugs like sticky buttons) on my Win7-64 OS.

10.10 RC will be really something to look forward to. Now they need to get fixed everything, do some lighting and shadows fine-tuning and put in some artwork (houses etc.).

That done X-Plane 10 will really really shine!

Flo

Beta 4 works great for me. The new quick view system is one of my favorites, makes control of 3D cockpits easy, realistic and very smooth.

Yes, I rarely see that mentioned, but this is my favourite too !

It's so easy to set a new view on the fly :) And the smooth transition between views adds to the immersion.

I Updated last night and downloded a 4mb file that fixed my TM Warthog Hotas issues!Big%20Grin.gif

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

In Beta 4 with HDR enabled and using TrackIR, I'm seeing a strange "shadow" (sometimes fairly dark) pass over the scenery whenever I turn my head slightly. It almost looks like a cloud shadow, but it moves too fast, and its movement seems to be controlled by my view direction. I haven't tried the earlier betas, but I'm fairly sure this didn't happen in the latest non-beta release. It disappears when I disable HDR. I've also tried changing other rendering options, but nothing else seems to fix it. Can anyone suggest what might be causing it?

Thanks,

Dugald

IIRC, when I was recording my Holy Clouds videos, I went through an early draft video that had the cloud shadows doing a trick on the ground as I was banking and turning with HDR on. I wasn't too concerned as this was an issue before early on after release and figured they'd either know about it already or someone may have already filed a bug report. I sent 5 or so bug reports in as I was recording those videos, I just didn't want to do any more.

Shadows never worked right for me, neither inside the plane, nor outside. Flickering, shadows moved when I turned my head, nasty edges etc...

Have them turned down to minimum and I have no idea what the state of the play at Laminar is. But I'm sure they know about it.

Flo

Thanks for the replies on my shadow question. I was wrong about version 10.05r1 - on checking back I've found that the strange shadow is also noticeable in that version, but in that case it's more noticeable on the aircraft itself than on the scenery. It does appear to be related to cloud shadow, since I don't see it with clear weather. Interestingly, I've now also noticed that my own aircraft doesn't cast a shadow when HDR is enabled, either in 10.05r1 or in Beta 4. So I think have to agree with Flo that the shadows just don't work right.

Dugald

I am beginning to think that Laminar bit of more than they could chew with the HDR stuff. I hope I am wrong and they are able to implement it successfully.

Bob

One thing is certain, once you go HDR< there's no turning back. It's what makes a simulation up to date with graphic engines from 2012, HDR off is just like a 2006 product

Alexis Mefano