Sign in to follow this  
nicolas83

Runway heading problem

hello together, 

I still really love to fly our old md-11. Just an awesome plane ;-) I only have the problem with the not correct aligned runways on takeoff and landing. When I do an ILS approach, after following the waypaints what are on the extended runway centerline, the runway is always bears always to the right or left on my navigation display. The same on takeoff. I line up stright on the runway withe the right heading, on my nav display the runway also bears to the right or left and is not straight. 

The strange thing on that is that I don't have that problem on my NGX or PMDG747X. There everything looks straight and correct on my ND. I already have read the thread about the magnetic variations on FSX and followed the instructions there. 

Does anybody have a solution for that? Would be great. Thank you, Nicolas 

Could it be that you dial in the runway heading and get blown off by wind, when what you want to do is to follow the runway track?

no it has nothing to do with the wind. It looks for me like this problem described here in this thread:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/336155-magnetic-variation-updates-for-fs9-and-fsx/

And I have done the things described here. The weird thing is that this problem just comes with the md-11. I can post later som screenshots what I mean.

Thanks, Nicolas

REALLY AWESOME ! ;-)

That was the solution. So easy. Thank you very much. :-)

Nicolas