Sign in to follow this  
EdwardSm

McPhat Livery Question

I have what I hope is a rather simple question. When I download and install a livery from PMDG for the MD-11, as I understand it, the installation process also sets up the correct engine type. An example of what I am saying is the livery for KLM sets it to have GE engines instead of PW engines. If I am wrong on this please let me know. At any rate my question is

When installing a McPhat MD-11 World Airliners package are the engines properly set?

Thanks,

Ed

Edward Smoker Sr.

I have what I hope is a rather simple question. When I download and install a livery from PMDG for the MD-11, as I understand it, the installation process also sets up the correct engine type. An example of what I am saying is the livery for KLM sets it to have GE engines instead of PW engines. If I am wrong on this please let me know. At any rate my question is

When installing a McPhat MD-11 World Airliners package are the engines properly set?

Thanks,

Ed

Klm md-11s do use GE engines

~William Genovese~

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg         KAB200_sig3.jpg

What does that have to do with my question? Please read what I wrote again, I even went the extra step of placing my question on a line all by itself.

Edward Smoker Sr.

Anyone that creates paints, especially top notch ones like mcphat, will have it set to install to the proper engine type as in the real world. So yeah, you shouldn't have to worry about it

~William Genovese~

Is that speaking from experience, you own them or just a guess? If you have them are they really worth it? I was looking at MD-11 World Airliners packages 4 and 5 specifically.

Edward Smoker Sr.

I have not purchased their paints. But based on their preview pics, they seem to have correct engines for the airlines. I do not think they would have much business if they couldn't do that. Even some of the most basic repaints on avsim have the correct engines used

~William Genovese~

Dude, PcPhat has its own forum so why ask that question here while you would get a 100% sure answer over there...

As already said earlier, I could not even imagine they would not follow engine specification in their liveries.

Good, and valid, question Thibault. I ask the questions which do not require expertise here on Avsim. For important questions I refer directly to the producer of the item. I did ask at the McPhat forums when no one with first hand experience could answer this question here. They were exceedingly polite even for such a trivial question as mine. Regardless I felt it was inappropriate of me to use their valuable time which is better spent assisting people with real issues. They did confirm that the settings are correctly done. Likewise I concur that McPhat, based on my experience with other products of theirs that I own, would ensure all specifications were properly set. However since this is my money, stress on the word my, I wanted to ask. I had also intended to ask the person who replied to my question how they enjoyed the textures. True enough they look amazing; however, there is simply no substitute for first-person recommendations. Since no one who owns them answered I will forgo asking and find out first hand.

Edward Smoker Sr.

True enough they look amazing; however, there is simply no substitute for first-person recommendations.

Ed

I have the McPhat World Airliners 4 for the MD-11. They are freighter liveries. I installed them about two years ago but didnot care for them. When I did a reinstall of FSX and all addons the liveries were not installed. The reason was that from certain angles I could see a faint outline of passenger windows on the FedEx and Luthsansa liveriers. Don't know about the others in the package since I never used them. Since early 2010 I have by using HD liveries by Lee Marrow which can be found in the Avsim File Library by searching for his name. He has almost 30 pages of liveries.

Not on the subject but just for laughs. I bought all five packages for the CS 752. One package had an EAL livery that should have had PW engines. It was released with RR engines with a PW logo.

Michael Cubine

I'm fairly certain that all md-11F aircraft have window outlines as the Windows were simply plugged instead of making a different fuselage for the freighter. I own all of the mcphat liveries and they are very pretty but spendy. They are very easy to install and as far as I've seen they are all correct. They do they're homework just like anyone else. I've never seen an engine problem...sometimes it takes looking up that aircrafts n number to make sure. I don't think you would be disappointed if externals are very important to you.

Erik Otterson

Actually I'm pretty sure only the C, CF, and BCF were plugged. I do not think the F had windows to need plugging thus there would be no outline. Makes me wonder if the C and CF wouldn't be BCF since they don't swap back anymore except who; Martinair? Wait a minute, aren't all 5 of the C's retired and stored now days? I've certainly lost track. :(

@Michael: Thank you for the honest appraisal. I am in your debt.

Edward Smoker Sr.