Sign in to follow this  
19AB67

Westjet aircrafts' (partial) day plans

Hi folks,

those of you scanning also the Turboprop forum know that I there posted day-by-day plans of the JS4100 operating airlines

Eastern Airways, Brindabella (Australia), and Airlink (South Africa).

My motivation is always the same: I like to fly some legs of a given aircraft, so I tried to analyse the aircrafts' day plan.

So, here you find my (incomplete) findings on the Canadian carrier WESTJET. (See link below)

The rather small carriers mentioned above allow a quite consistent analysis of their JS4100s. The format here for Westjet's 737s is different:

The vast number of 737s at e.g. CYYC make it rather impossible to decide, which aircraft takes over the next flight with a different flight number.

But at the smaller airports, it is often evident.

With http://flightaware.com/ and even better (aircraft registration; live, not delayed by 15min) http://www.flightradar24.com/ one could trace a particular plane,

but for this you need to have loads of time...

And there is no guarantee that Westjet/airlines don't decide differently the other day. So, for Westjet I make a good guess.

WESTJETWJAsample.jpg

My plans show

- the ICAO code of the linked airports, their elevation and ATIS

- the local STD, flight number, block time, and local STA

- FREQ, equipment, cruising altitude, departure gate, flightplan (all from http://flightaware.com/ if available)

- fuel load in *tons* (already flown routes; sometimes I muse that they have fuel on board for the next leg, too)

If the flight has to be read from right to left, a bunch of '<' show the reading direction, else '>' support this.

Pipes '|' link the flights.

The colours bind (not completely consistently) flight pairs or onward flights.

Have fun, have a nice flight!

Andreas

Andreas Berg
pmdg_j41_banner.jpgpmdg_trijet.jpg

PMDG 737NGX -- PMDG J41 -- PMDG 77L/77F/77W -- PMDG B744 -- i7 8700K PC1151 12MB 3.7GHz -- Corsair Cooling H100X -- DDR4 16GB TridentZ -- MSI Z370 Tomahawk -- MSI RTX2080 DUKE 8G OC -- SSD 500GB M.2 -- Thermaltake 550W --

Very cool. Nice work. I work at WestJet and have whats called a turn sked which shows what aircraft turn into at YYC. I unfortunately cannot share this publicly. I find it very interesting to track these aircraft. They can be on one coast in the morning and they work their way to the other in just a day. Glad to hear your interest in WestJet i would gladly recommend our routes to any flightsimmer.

All The Best

Brad

I like the Vancouver - Kelowna - Calgary - Hamilton run.

Diving into the Kelowna valley ... that's spectacular.

1400 WJA470 0:51 1451 | 1530 WJA470 0:58 1728 | 1820 WJA470 3:39 2359

Andreas Berg

PMDG 737NGX -- PMDG J41 -- PMDG 77L/77F/77W -- PMDG B744 -- i7 8700K PC1151 12MB 3.7GHz -- Corsair Cooling H100X -- DDR4 16GB TridentZ -- MSI Z370 Tomahawk -- MSI RTX2080 DUKE 8G OC -- SSD 500GB M.2 -- Thermaltake 550W --

I love doing my regular CYVR-CYLW then to CYEG-CYYC and back to YVR.

And congrats to WestJet for making it to the top ten best rated airlines!!

I prefer sticking within BC and flying routes WJA could do. It's not very adventurous but flat is kinda boring even with FTX imo.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Very cool. Nice work. I work at WestJet and have whats called a turn sked which shows what aircraft turn into at YYC. I unfortunately cannot share this publicly.

Thanx, Brad.

Sorrily (I guess security reasons? Or competitors...) you cannot share the turn sked.

However, maybe you can shed some light into rules of these skeds.

Who/what decides on letting a plane fly this and not that next route?

Of course the time down on earth shall be minimised, for planes only earn money up in the air.

But at hubs many aircraft drop in at the same time.

Why deciding every day anew on the onward flight?

Thanx in advance.

Andreas Berg

Thanx, Brad.

Sorrily (I guess security reasons? Or competitors...) you cannot share the turn sked.

However, maybe you can shed some light into rules of these skeds.

Who/what decides on letting a plane fly this and not that next route?

Of course the time down on earth shall be minimised, for planes only earn money up in the air.

But at hubs many aircraft drop in at the same time.

Why deciding every day anew on the onward flight?

Thanx in advance.

I believe dispatch would be in control of deciding where the planes go. Since calgary is the Hub we have quite a few aircraft that stay over night. Turn skeds basically just show what the tail comes in as and what it goes out as. The aircraft do have day plans written up but thats not really my department. Usually in other cities i will just use flightaware to track where the aircraft go in a day. Your write up is very well done though, im very impressed.

Hopefully this kinda helps.

Brad

I believe dispatch would be in control of deciding where the planes go. ... Turn skeds basically just show what the tail comes in as and what it goes out as. The aircraft do have day plans written up but thats not really my department. ...

Hopefully this kinda helps.

Brad

Thanx, Brad.

Maybe you can have a chat w/ dispatch... and retrieve even more rules, reasons etc.

Andreas Berg

You're welcome... Brandon :P

Andreas Berg

Thanx, Brad.

Maybe you can have a chat w/ dispatch... and retrieve even more rules, reasons etc.

I find Flight Radar 24 is really good for tracking registrations. it shows you where a perticular reg would go in a day every day. Not sure how accurate it is but thats mainly what i use

Cheers

Brad

Hi Brad,

please disclose whether WJA refuel e.g. in Kelowna CYLW on the milkrun CYVR-CYLW-CYYC.

Is it cheaper to carry the leg fuel of CYLW-CYYC to Kelowna, or do Westjet refuel there?

Thanx in advance,

Andreas Berg