Sign in to follow this  
Guest BeaverDriver

Repaint Question

Guest BeaverDriver

Good Day,

I'm doing a repaint of the JS4100 and have done fine except for 1 place. I'm having a bit of trouble getting the nosewheel nacelle. I have painted it, but when you look at it after installing the texture on the aircraft, it comes out transluscent, with the area of translucency depending on the angle of view. Please see the two images below:

J41_Nac01.jpg

J41_Nac02.jpg

The arrows point out the area in question. The nacelle I painted was on the PMDG_J41_Fuselage_T_Clean.psd file (resaved so I don't write over the original). It almost looks like there is another texture there somewhere that is fighting for attention with it. I copied the nacelle from the background layer and put the copied nacelle well up the layer's list so what it's competing with I'm really not sure. That's the same technique I used to paint the fuselage with and there are no issues there.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

Glenn Davy

Sorry, I cannot see/make visible the figures.

Andreas Berg
pmdg_j41_banner.jpgpmdg_trijet.jpg

PMDG 737NGX -- PMDG J41 -- PMDG 77L/77F/77W -- PMDG B744 -- i7 8700K PC1151 12MB 3.7GHz -- Corsair Cooling H100X -- DDR4 16GB TridentZ -- MSI Z370 Tomahawk -- MSI RTX2080 DUKE 8G OC -- SSD 500GB M.2 -- Thermaltake 550W --

Guest BeaverDriver

Duhh. I accidentally removed them. Sorry Andreas. They're up now as you can see. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I've tried re-layering in PS, painting other components, painting on the nacelle itself rather than making a copy, etc. Nothing seems to work. There must be another texture somewhere that is bleeding through, but I can't figure out which one. I'm totally stumped on this one.

Thanks Andreas.

Duhh. I accidentally removed them. Sorry Andreas. They're up now as you can see. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I've tried re-layering in PS, painting other components, painting on the nacelle itself rather than making a copy, etc. Nothing seems to work. There must be another texture somewhere that is bleeding through, but I can't figure out which one. I'm totally stumped on this one.

Thanks Andreas.

I had issues like this when I painted a couple of things for the J41. As I recall, one the the base files has something weird going on with the nose gear doors, probably the clean one since your using that. I think I solved it by selecting the area in Photoshop, deleting everything in the clean file, and copy and paste in place the same part from the dirty file. Sorry that I can't be much more clear in the description, but it's been a while since I last used the paintkit.

Guest BeaverDriver

THANKS MAN!! I take it you mean just the nacelle doors that you deleted in the clean file, is that correct?

Thank you again!

THANKS MAN!! I take it you mean just the nacelle doors that you deleted in the clean file, is that correct?

Thank you again!

Yes, just the nacelle doors. I don't remember the specifics on how I did it exactly, just that I transferred the parts from the dirty file. I hope it is at least of some minor help :P.

Guest BeaverDriver

Thanks a bunch for this. I gave it a try but I don't think I got the right part. There seems to be a couple of texture panels associated with that part and I can find the one on the background, and one other on the nosegear door, but I'm still getting the issue. I'm not going to lose sleep over it as you can only see it if looking up from below, and as I always fly inside (saves wear and tear on the clothes when you stay inside at cruise :lol: ) I don't think I'll notice it at all. But I will keep working on it over time and if I get it, I'll post it here.

Many thanks again! Appreciate the help,

Glenn