Sign in to follow this  
Joachim

Used Prepar3D's Multiplayer features? Some questions...

The Prepar3D forum seems very quiet compared to other FS forums, and after weeks I have not gotten any reply to this topic:

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum-5/?mingleforumaction=viewtopic&t=1399

Would someone who has some expience and has flown in Prepar3D multiplayer sessions mind to answers some of my questions about this, either here or on the prepar3D forum, that would be much appreciated.

Thanks and friendly greetings,

Joe

Joachim (Joe)

I still cannot use multiplay in P3D - have done all the port forwarding etc but still cannot connect to "anything" - maybe my etc is not good enough. :blink:

:rolleyes:

Denis

Are you trying to join a multiplayer game? host a multiplayer game? join your own hosted game?

Joachim (Joe)

+1 for not being able to connect to anything. Simply no sessions are listed. I have all ports forwarded properly too. Don't know if its me though...

Are you trying to join a multiplayer game? host a multiplayer game? join your own hosted game?

Trying to join anything Joachim - even tried FSHost which says that P3D can work with FSX - did'nt for me and could not connect to any of the FSHost servers - I must be doing something wrong.

Denis

Hi there guys, I would be happy to test it out with you guys. If either one of you would like to contact me via PM, perhaps we can talk about connection on an instant messenger because it's a little difficult setting up a multiplayer game via chat with network issues. So let me know and we can give it a go and test the multiplayer feature.

Joachim (Joe)

Some P3D Multiplayer facts.

#1 P3D Multiplayer DOES work.

#2 With P3d there are NO "Gamespy Lobbies", you can only connect via IP Direct Connect.

#3 There is currently no system to tell who is Hosting a session, so it requires Host and Player to communicate info about the session, outside of P3D.

#4 P3D CANNOT connect to FSX session, or vice versa.

#5 P3D can work with FSHOST servers, that have P3D, FSX, or Fs9 players on them.

To do so, you need to run the FSHostClient for P3D

#6 The P3D MP population is VERY SMALL, compaired to that of FSX

#7 I believe one can connect toi Vatsim with P3D, using Squawkbox 3 ( Not tried it personally)

My advice: If you want to try out P3D Multiplayer, you need to establish audio communications with those who woiuld want to do so, and arrange it via Chat.

ONCE AGAIN: There is No LOBBY SYSTEM (Like Gamespy) for P3D. so there is no dynamic list of running Servers to select to join.

Hint: Golden opportunity for someone to set up and run a LOBBY system for P3D !!