Sign in to follow this  
FSMuseum

Radar Contact and Ice AI

I now am happy to say I am a Radar Contact customer, but I have a question. Is RC compatible with ###ai Traffic? I love ### AI, fantastic models and many hundreds of airlines, with real flightplans, at minimal FPS cost, and its freeware. But will RC correctly recognize it?

FS2004 Forever

If it is standard ai traffic models and plans fsuipc should see the traffic and report it to RC. You can test this by installing traffic look, a free utility from the fsuipc developer Pete Dowson available here:

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/66136-useful-additional-programs/

and while there grab the current edition of makerwys.exe and then after installing it, from within RC run the scenery rebuild again.

Traffic look is preferably started after you load a flight in fs say parked at an airport at a busy time. Being sure the FS settings are set to continue running when FS is not in the forefront, alt-tab to your shortcut to run trafficlook.exe and start it. It will open in its own window outside of fs and will show ai data for a large distance around your current location. If ICE correctly follows FS modeling and plan rules you'll see that aircraft data in the traffic look table.

Some airlines may not be in the RC ai phraseology library but still should be identified - don't recall how at the moment. If Ice ATC has a setting for distance to spawn the aircraft (like ultimate Traffic 2) be sure it is set to maximum so RC see the traffic far enough in advance for runway assignment coordination.