Sign in to follow this  
kenthom

Door question

This is probably a simple and stupid question for many of you but I have not been able to master the simple task of opening baggage doors. On the Wilco Ebraer 170 and most other planes the instructions say to use Shift +E+2. However, if you do so all you get is the pop up window for Shift+2. It does so even if the directions say to use the exterior view. Has anyone figured out what to do?

Also, pushback only goes straight back. Has anyone figured out how to turn it while backing. I have a couple plains (Ifly 737 and Q757) that have great utilities. But most don't.

I appreciated any help.

From memory you hit the Shift+E and the 2 separately. First you hit the Shift+E then release the keys and then hit the 2.

Mike Beckwith

Press Shift and then E. Release both. Press: 1(=Main Door), 2(=Cargo Door), 3(=Other), OR 5(=Other). Depends on the model what the key opens.

Press Shift and then P to toggle pushback ON or OFF. Release both. Press: 1(=Left) OR 2(=Right).

Dave

Press Shift and then E. Release both. Press: 1(=Main Door), 2(=Cargo Door), 3(=Other), OR 5(=Other).

Dave

Thanks this works great - I have searched and searched for this and this is the first time the solution suggested has worked.

You might like to try the following. I had this same problem having purchased GSX, along with many others. I Posted the following over there and works fine. FSX seems to have a bit of a timing issue when trying to open doors. I simply went into the Key Commands and changed Shift + E to (in my case) \ (back slash). So, you then only need to press \ - 1, \ - 2 etc etc and all should work fine. It also seems eaiser to just press a two key combination than three,

It all worked fine and many thanks for the help. Selkin, I like that idea as and will try it. Thanks again!

You are welcome. Glad to help, and to here the response when it did help! Too often advice is given and there is no reply, so you don't know if it helped or not.

Some models also assign different functions to "Wingfold" and "Tailhook" toggle commands. This is usually listed in the Read-Me file. I also set CNTL+F5=UP and CNTL+F8=DOWN to command my Goose floats up and down. I also assign all these type commands to switches on the base of my X52 Pro stick which make carrier ops easier.

Have Fun

Dave

Yes, OldMaintChief is quite right. Always nice to get a response!