Sign in to follow this  
jfri

The best HD series Carenado ?

Yes I think the C208 is the only Carenado that I will eventually buy since I wan't a Cessna Caravan. Do you also have the cargo expansion pack? Wonder if that only is a new livery without windows? Regarding the real thing is the only difference that they have removed the windows?

Regarding RXP GPS one problem I see is that I need to manually enter the flightplan instead of having it automatically inserted when loading a flight plan as in the default GPS.

No differences in the cockpit of the cargo variant except a new model. Same virtual cockpit.

I love it, a little slow, but flies like a dream. Great for doing cargo runs for Fedex feeder contractors like Empire Air and Mountain Air Express who fly around the Orbx PNW region

Right you are. And good question on the extra purchase with the C208 cargo. After buying, I asked myself why I did it. I'm using two slightly different FDE setups for cargo and passenger now, but that's about it on the differences. Well, it wasn't extremely expensive, but, most likely, unnecessary to get the C.

Make sure to use Bernt Stolle's rework of the FDE. The initial version pulled a few tricks to simulate the high drag of the huge prop disc at low torque settings. While the idea itself is a big pro, the rather harsh nature spoiled a bit of the fun. This is way better with Bernt's work involved.

The 340 is nice. I really like the sounds on it too. :smile:

I don't have that one. Did you like the flight model, Ben? With Carenado releasing things pretty fast, one can easily lose track.

Better how and based on what? I love my the Milviz B55 and my RealAir planes, but I also love several of my Carenado planes.

The Milviz B55 has excellent flight modeling. But then so do most of my recent Carenados.

Scott

Based on the impression I get from the reply in this thread

Right you are. And good question on the extra purchase with the C208 cargo. After buying, I asked myself why I did it. I'm using two slightly different FDE setups for cargo and passenger now, but that's about it on the differences. Well, it wasn't extremely expensive, but, most likely, unnecessary to get the C.

One question come to my mind here. In the real life would it not be fully feasable to use a Caravan with windows for cargo?

Maybe it's not necessary in real life either to have a dedicated cargo model.

Depends on the plane. You also see variants being able to quickly convert to the cargo role, even partially. Or ones just offering different door arrangements or support for the use of containers and their extra fittings. Not to mention some certification or avionics differences when being used mainly to transport goods.

On the Carenado C208 cargo, with very little changes, you have to be a fan to justify the extra purchase I guess. I've never tried if the cargo liveries would work on the passenger model. Perhaps one can cheat, I don't know.

Based on the impression I get from the reply in this thread

Ack - as I re-read the question I asked, I realize it sounded awfully confrontational and I apologize. It wasn't meant that way.

I was simply curious as to what you were reading that led you to that opinion.

Scott