Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

Those details that really make MS FLIGHT unique....

Load the Cub with 4 pax, on a job, using Clear Skies as your weather theme so that you can't think it has to do with the winds....

Before starting your engine, observe the aircraft bouncing, from the outside or from the "cockpit" view....

Those passengers aren't still!!!! They move and the aircraft, being so smal for them, moves too :-)

I started suspecting weight CoG during flight was sometimes being affected, particularly on the Cub, and now I know why....

As I used to say - and still think, although I do not say... MS FLIGHT - what else?...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I don't think it's pax... my Cub was bouncing a little in no wind with nobody in it and shut down. I think it's a bug related to the soft tundra tires, as they should show a bouncy ride when taxiing across a rough surface. The effect is probably still there even when stopped, for some reason.

Rob,

I'm not saying it is not the tundra tires, but it surely moves when loaded with 4 pax as opposed to when she's empty...

"E pur si muove" :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Oh, ok. I haven't compared it with pax or without... I just noticed it was bouncing around a little when empty.

José, Galileo never said that :lol: ... at least, not about a Cub.

I too think that it's a bug, wait, sorry, I mean "undocumented feature". My airplanes are always bouncing around in gusty winds, as is the scenery and objects in general.

Best regards.

Luis

details indeed...load a cub with 4 pax???

And still have enough weight allowance for fuel for over 100 miles. :D

Gotta love it.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

C'mon guys... I was trying to be positive about it... :P

Luis, I did the tests with winds calm - at least no wind indicated on the HUD. If you unload the aircraft and use "E" to jump out of it, the bouncing stops too ....

The upcoming Deluxe Cub, being Deluxe, will probably not allow us to load 4pax

And... should it really be possible to takeoff with 4pax in a Carbon Cub????

If not then excuse me but the Universe is wrong - it is indeed and MS FLIGHT proves it! Poor Galileo, he was completely forgeting about Relativity, just as I am when in MS FLIGHT mode :-)

Interesting RW CCub reading here and specs here

Now, at a "Max Payload w/Full Fuel: 776 lbs" and converting to kilogram, I see that a little bit above 70kg would be the weight for each of the occupants - a total of 5 with 4 pax. If they were ellegant models, they could fit, at least as far as weight goes... Space is another challenge though... ;-)

Main Simulation Rig:

C'mon guys... I was trying to be positive about it...

Hey, I was too! Four passengers and still have room for fuel? How positive can you get!

Now, if I'd said 750 pounds of ducks, that'd be another matter. :D

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

You could sling a net under each wing for a passenger to ride in, then jam one more into the baggage bin behind the only actual passenger seat, I guess.

It'd be easier to get off the ground with the ducks... just startle them during the take-off roll to get them to flap their wings and flutter around in the air inside the cabin. That should lower the weight the Cub needs to lift!

Ok, wing pods, now you gave the MS FLIGHT a new idea !!!!

Main Simulation Rig:

details indeed...load a cub with 4 pax???

:LMAO:

Interesting review of the (R/L) Carbon Cub (two seat - all 4 passengers would need to squeeze in one seat...) in this months Pilot Magazine.

With the engine rated at 180 HP just for short periods (80 HP continuous) there should be plenty of power for the take-off...

However until the deluxe CC is out, I've only tried it for the water landing challenge, just to taste.

Cheers

Keith

Yes, if it wasn't for the space, the power would certainly allow for 4 pax....

The 776lbs of max payload gives lot's of "space" for weight, although not for 3 dimensional space.... :-)

It has been one of my preferred MS FLIGHT airplanes lately. Strangely I also find myself flying the Icon5 a lot more now...

Main Simulation Rig: