Sign in to follow this  

Aviation? What about SARS?

Guest Clement Guivarc h

Oh my I god ! :'(I'm so worried, my family and I should travel two Shanghai in two weeks ! :'(../)_/). _ Cl

Oh you'll be ok...just don't breathe! :)bt

Lots of things to worry about in the world, eh?My wife, daughter and I were at the Disney parks in CA last week. As dumb luck would have it, the three of us have been down with cough, fever, and flu-like symptoms since our visit. With all the SARS talk, and considering that we flew out there, one could worry oneself silly over what was just our likely exposure to some offshore virus, or even some California strain not found in Arizona. But sure enough, my boss said "You know, maybe it's SARS" :)

I live in Toronto, work at Pearson Int'l, and walk through/by the Cathay Pacific arrival from Hong Kong all the time. So far I'm okay, but now I walk a much longer route in order to by-pass, by as far a margin as possible, the Cathay flight. Today I saw for the first time some of the cabin cleaners wearing masks. Made me even more nervous. And of course the companies aren't telling their employees a thing, let alone providing them with masks and gloves.Also the Hospital that had the first cases in the city, is just up the road from where I live. Talk about feeling hemmed in.Should be interesting to see how this plays out in the next few weeks. And in the meantime, I might just find myself with a case of Broken Ankle Syndrome or some malady of the like. Something that will last a week or two or three...I'd rather be poor and healthy than dead with a paycheck. CF-AOA

"SARS...gets "serious""Not to mention the paranoia, such as the AA aircraft that was held in San Jose...Still suffering from my cough, several coworkers have suggested I stay home, since the flawed logic that any cough is SARS seems to be hitting full force... The kicker is I've flown recently, you see. Better start wearing an armband saying I've been an airline pax....As is typical, this is turning into another media event. Soon, we'll start seeing the theories that Bin Laden engineered this virus, or that it is an effort to destabilize the geopolitical situation in East Asia, etc..... How much do ya wanna bet :)

Could be...after all, only 1 in 25 are fatal. Could be worse to just drive your car to the bank...Either way, SARS is da' news, and it is a bit interesting, all the fuss and all,would you not agree?Best,bt