Sign in to follow this  
Pegasus1

How-To: FSCopilot + FSInn with Prepar3D

How-To: Prepar3D + FSInn + FSCopilot

Dear AVSIM-Community and P3D-users,

In this tutorial I'll explain how to fool FSInn+FSCopilot so you can use these great tools within Prepar3D. As a VATSIM flyer I prefered these great tools of the FSFDT suite but didn't find a suitable way to get them work within P3D, yet. So I decided to explore this problem and how to fix it. Here's the solution :-)

FSDT FSCopilot + FSInn in Prepar3D

I have to assume that certain facts of installation and configuration are known. However, I have uploaded the necessary installation files for you.

Download installation files FSFDT-Suite:

Downloadlink FS Copilot --> SetupFSCopilot17B2_4.exe

Downloadlink FS Inn --> SetupFSInn13B2_3.exe

Known Issue / Problem:

When starting Prepar3D you will get following error message. FSCopilot+FSInn cannot be executed and are inactive.

unknown_fs_version_fsxbk7d.jpg

Reason:

FSCopilot/FSInn seems to check a special version string of the executable Prepar3D.exe. It is expecting a value something like 10.x.xxxxx.0, but instead receives the value 1.3.3708.0. As a result it shows the error message and the tool is not working. Many users tried to modify various version strings within the Windows Registry Editor under FSFDT-key, but with no sucess.

Workaround:

We have to fool FSFDT Suite, and present the necessary version string. Some of you know this steps, as we did the same when fooling TrackIR+EZdok, where we had to modify the language.dll. On this step the executable "Prepar3D.exe" is involved.

How-to:

• First we need a tool to edit our executable. A known and easy to use tool is Ressource Hacker which you can download for free HERE.
  • PLEASE MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR ORIGINAL PREPAR3D.EXE BEFORE MODIFYING IT !
  • Now we start Ressource Hacker and click on menu [FILE]-->[OPEN] and choose the file "Prepar3D.exe" which is located in our main Prepar3D installation directory.
  • Click and open the sector Version Info --> 1 --> 1033
  • We have to focus on this line here --> PRODUCTVERSION 1,3,3708,0 as showed on my screenshot below...

p3d_exe_origtiqd1.jpg

Now we replace the string 1,3,3708,0 with 10,0,61637,0.

[*] We click on the button COMPILE SCRIPT

[*] and last but not least we save this modification by clicking on menu [FILE]-->[sAVE].

In my case the result looks like this:

p3d_exe_modifiedfzq91.jpg

That's it! Now start your Prepar3D and be surprised ;) FSInn and FSCopilot should work 100%.

I would really appreciate your feedback to ensure that this workaround also works on different installations.

Good luck,have fun and clear skies,

Pegasus.

Hi Pegasus1

Tks a lot indeed! It seems to work OK!

I saw in FSX that there was a Copilot dll-file added in the MODULES and a "launch on"-instruction in the dll.xml file, so I did the same in P3D. After that it worked.

The next thing now is to find out how all this works :biggrin: and then, at last, I can study a bit more the VATSIM-world and add another chapter to my sim-experience. Tks again.

I have tried before to get started with SB4, but I could not get that working in P3D.

Last but not least I hope that the weather feature of FSInn does NOT interfere with my Live Weather Engine of OPUSFSI, because for me that's the best -as real as it gets- weather prog I've seen.

Salu2

Fernmil / GCLP

Hi Pegasus1,

First i want to thank you for solution. Everything (almoust ^_^ ) works but I have one problem : Aicraft repository don't work ! I don't see any aircraft. FSInn is connected and i see the planes on radar ...

Have a Great Week to all

Banner_MJC9.png

Today is the most beautiful day of my life...

That's something quite different. I suggest you to run both with administrator rights (Prepar3D as well as the FSFDT ControlPanel + FSInn).

Hi Pegasus1

Tks a lot indeed! It seems to work OK!

I saw in FSX that there was a Copilot dll-file added in the MODULES and a "launch on"-instruction in the dll.xml file, so I did the same in P3D. After that it worked.

The next thing now is to find out how all this works :biggrin: and then, at last, I can study a bit more the VATSIM-world and add another chapter to my sim-experience. Tks again.

I have tried before to get started with SB4, but I could not get that working in P3D.

Last but not least I hope that the weather feature of FSInn does NOT interfere with my Live Weather Engine of OPUSFSI, because for me that's the best -as real as it gets- weather prog I've seen.

Salu2

Fernmil / GCLP

+1 - no aircraft repos - but thanks been trying allsorts to try ans use FSINN in P3D - try VATSIM again now.

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Hi everyone could someone please tell me how to get the "launch on" instruction in the dll.xml file, i found the Copilot.dll file but not the other one.

Thanks

I saw in FSX that there was a Copilot dll-file added in the MODULES and a "launch on"-instruction in the dll.xml file

Peter Graves

Kalgoorlie, WA

Hi Peter.

add this to the DLL XML Document file you will find in the "Roaming" section of P3D. You can just use notepad to do so.

---------

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>FSCopilot</Name>

<Disabled>False</Disabled>

<Path>Modules\FSCopilot.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

---------

salu2

Fernmil / GCLP

Ah, thanks

Finally worked it out, got it working but no aircraf t repos either, got mytraffic for prepar3d as well, oh well at least this is a positive step for vatsim on prepar3d. Thanks for your help so far

Peter Graves

Kalgoorlie, WA

Which aircraft repos do you miss? Which AI traffic tool are you using? Is the repository included in your prepar3d.cfg? In my case I use UltimateTraffic2 and my .cfg looks like:

[Main]

User Objects=Airplane, Helicopter, Submersible, ExternalSim

SimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\Airplanes

SimObjectPaths.1=SimObjects\Rotorcraft

SimObjectPaths.2=SimObjects\GroundVehicles

SimObjectPaths.3=SimObjects\Boats

SimObjectPaths.4=SimObjects\Animals

SimObjectPaths.5=SimObjects\Misc

SimObjectPaths.6=SimObjects\Submersible

SimObjectPaths.7=SimObjects\UT2 Aircraft

And did you start all three applications with admin rights (Prepar3D, ControlPanel, FSInn) I suppose you did setup FSInn aircraft sync, didn't you?

Hi Pegasus1,

It looked alright, but I think there is a small issue left here: I reinstalled FSUIPC (reg.) and it reported an error/problem, saying that this was not the most recent version of P3D.

So I had to disable copilot.dll and now I'm back to the beginning again.

If you know how to solve this.......thanks a lot!

Fernmil / GCLP

You disabled copilot.dll in your exe.xml (or dll.xml) ??? or do you mean, you did restore your original prepar3d.exe ?

I have UT2 and MyTrafficX installed and I checked my Prepar3D cfg file and the simobject paths are all present, I have tried with the admin rights on all 3 programs and still no go.

As far as I can see the FSInn aircraft sync is automatic when it starts up but it just flickers when I load the program. I have tried to see also in the pla icon on fsinn but there is nothing there. If you have any further suggestions I am keen to try anything to get the ai working. everything else seems to be working just no aircraft.

Peter Graves

Kalgoorlie, WA

Sorry Pegasus1, but I was in a hurry and did not make myself very clear.

The points is:

a) FSCopilot.dll is in the DLL XML Dokument folder as a "Launch.Addon" instruction

B) FSCopilot.dll is in the P3D Root in the MODULES-folder

c) There is nothing of FSInn in the EXE folder

And yes to get on with my P3D I placed the original P3D.exe in its place.

Of course , when launching P3D it says "Unknown FS version, version=100"; I just close the msgbox and let P3D continue; no problems.

Maybe when you do a reinstal of FSUIPC you have to roll back tour work-around and after that just do the trick again???

rgds

Fernmil

That's something quite different. I suggest you to run both with administrator rights (Prepar3D as well as the FSFDT ControlPanel + FSInn).

I tried several tips&tricks but without no succes
  • Upvote 1

Banner_MJC9.png

Today is the most beautiful day of my life...

Ah looks like success on the ai for me, I copied the Prepar3D.exe and renamed the new exe. to FSX.exe and all seems to work 100% with my UT2, trying to figure out how to add my MyTrafficX stuff now as well.

I hope this helps people.

Peter Graves

Kalgoorlie, WA