Sign in to follow this  
Pegasus1

How-To: FSCopilot + FSInn with Prepar3D

... FSInn aircraft sync is automatic when it starts up but it just flickers when I load the program. I have tried to see also in the pla icon on fsinn but there is nothing there.

Hi... the same here. Apparently, FSInn doesn't find any aircraft when it scans.

AHS8553 Luis Fernandez KGMU

Hi... the same here. Apparently, FSInn doesn't find any aircraft when it scans.

If you have FSX installed - my work around is - run FSX with FSInn open and let it build database. Close FSX and run P3d - and with FSInn being open I can see the database even if its for FSX. I have tried to work with same aircraft in FSX and P3D so the aircraft repositry will be similar. I then can see other planes on VATSIM and change them. Also this makes AI appear when I am online in FSCommander and Aivlasoft EFB. Could not do so before - looks like this repositry is essential for online stuff.

Not a very good workaround but when I changed P3D.exe to fsx.exe I had all sorts of errors so I try this for awhile until something else comes along.

If you close FSInn before running P3D you lose the aircraft repositry and start again - may not work on some computers but thats the way it goes.

Anyone know where FSInn puts the aircraft repositry.??

Thanks for the tips Pegasus - brilliant.

Denis :huh::unsure:

Yes, it works, bursco !!

I can see the traffics.

But, it's true: it's a little bit tough to do the process every time.

We are very close to the solution.

Fsinn stores the aircraft repository in the Windows registry.

Greetings.

Actually I am very busy and absent. I will look over it at the weekend and report with hopefully good news. Thanks for all feedback so far ...

Cheers,

Pegasus.

another solution : use the FSX.EXE generated by FSX to Prepar3D Migration Tool. I see that works perfectly for me, including via simconnect

Banner_MJC9.png

Today is the most beautiful day of my life...

Oh. I though everyone has soft linked the necessary directory structure for a working Prepar3D installation. That is of course necessary, so all addons think it's a FSX. If you didn't do that before, than maybe that's the problem some of you reported?

another solution : use the FSX.EXE generated by FSX to Prepar3D Migration Tool. I see that works perfectly for me, including via simconnect

I have tried to purchase this migration tool but Simmarket will not let me - cannot obtain my old password, never resends it. Cannot re-register - anyone who has an account there no how to contact them. Have also tried a ticket but reached a dead end. :( :blink:

Denis B

I though everyone has soft linked the necessary directory structure for a working Prepar3D installation.

Yes, yes, of course.

Thanks.

Oh. I though everyone has soft linked the necessary directory structure for a working Prepar3D installation. That is of course necessary, so all addons think it's a FSX. If you didn't do that before, than maybe that's the problem some of you reported?

May I ask what software link you have used Pegasus1

Denis

I have tried to purchase this migration tool but Simmarket will not let me - cannot obtain my old password, never resends it. Cannot re-register - anyone who has an account there no how to contact them. Have also tried a ticket but reached a dead end. :( :blink:

Denis B

if you want, i buy it for you

Banner_MJC9.png

Today is the most beautiful day of my life...

if you want, i buy it for you

That is very good of you - but it would be better if I was registered because of possible updates but I do really appreciate the offer.

Will try again at Simmarket and maybe again and again :unsure::wacko:

Denis

@bursco: I did not buy any software except of Prepar3D :) You have just to create directory links on your harddrive (with DOS command "mklink" for example) for every affected directory which is used by FSX/Prepar3D. Maybe I will write a tutorial for that when I have more free time. You can quite do all the stuff which the mentioned software is doing, for zero dollars (0,00 $) :) just in a few seconds/minutes. But that would be off-topic here, I will write a separate tutorial for that some day...

• Upvote 1

@bursco: I did not buy any software except of Prepar3D :) You have just to create directory links on your harddrive (with DOS command "mklink" for example) for every affected directory which is used by FSX/Prepar3D. Maybe I will write a tutorial for that when I have more free time. You can quite do all the stuff which the mentioned software is doing, for zero dollars (0,00 $) :) just in a few seconds/minutes. But that would be off-topic here, I will write a separate tutorial for that some day...

Look forward to tutorial - but most of it is beyond me. It would have to be "dummies" tutorial.

Thanks for quick reply - will do more searching.

All the best

Denis

• Upvote 1