Sign in to follow this  
Manny

Thai creation Macau

I just bought Thai creation's Macao for FSX from Sim market

IT looks pretty decent. For $20 bucks get not only the airport but also the city.

I was looking for an aiport close to Kai TAK (Fly Tampa's) and this is perfect for that. I can't do those 12 and 13 hr flights anymore...But so I like these short hops. but then this may be a tad too close. We don't have any quality addons for Japan anymore unlike fs9.. and this is a good substitute

Although its not KAi Tak quality, its actually very very good. I have come to expect poor quality from non US and non Europe add on vendors...and this was a very pleasant surprise. The water land class needs a little work. The night part ain't too shabby either.

It looks like they were inspired by Fly Tampa's Kai Tak. So a real shout out for Thai creations. Good job.

I wish more and more Airport Vendors would try to do more than just the Airport and clean up and extend beyond the airport into its immediate vicinity as well. The yardstick has moved for sure.

Edited by firehawk44
Image removed. Exceeds 1600W and far exceeded 400 KB limits. Please repost with proper size limits.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Yeah that Macao looks lovely, am definately gonna grab that too. I also like the short hops, have been buying up a few SE Asian sceneries to do exactly as you say, the ImagineSim Singapore Changi/WSSS and Hong Kong VHHH are pretty nice too and a good deal if you buy them in a mulit-pack with the associated discount. I've also just bought the AA Sceneries Phuket which is real nice.

Dean Stringer

Yeah bought it too, it is really good like pretty much all Thai Creation products seem to be.

Yeah bought it too, it is really good like pretty much all Thai Creation products seem to be.

Do you have their PARO, Bhutan? I really want that...but when I saw the screenshots.. The FSX version look crappy but the FS9 version looks awesome. The FS9 version of the runway textures is really good ..like the Fla Tampa one. But the FSX version runway texture looks like default crap.

IF you have the PARO scenery can you claify this impression I have.

AA Sceneries Phuket

I need check that out. OK..I just did..both their airports... Phuket and Samui looks awesome and prices so reasonable. I am going to get these two this weekend. Thanks for that suggestion.

ImagineSim generally is too sloppy and they cost a lot too. I downloaded their New Delhi demo and it look really bad and I believe its one of their recent ones. I need check out their VHHH one.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Phuket and Samui looks awesome and prices so reasonable.

Actually the conversion FS9->FSX of VMMC was done by the same guy who did Phuket, Samui and of course Suvarnabhumi. He is doing a fantastic job and, as you said the sceneries are very reasonably priced.

Erhard

I9 11900k RTX 3080 TI 3 x 55" LED TV 4K, 2 more PCs for displays and hardware connection Prosim A320

Do you have their PARO, Bhutan? I really want that...but when I saw the screenshots.. The FSX version look crappy but the FS9 version looks awesome. The FS9 version of the runway textures is really good ..like the Fla Tampa one. But the FSX version runway texture looks like default crap.

IF you have the PARO scenery can you claify this impression I have.

Well when I looked now runway textures indeed are a bit low resolution ones, not as good as with Macao. However I do still recommend Paro just for its amazing approach, and those textures don't look that bad from further away + rest of the scenery is awesome.

BTW,

at this moment, Macau is still under influence of typhoon Vicente with high winds out of the southern quadrant (reducing already now as I write this...).

So its time for the challenging rwy 16 LOC/DME approach !

Erhard

I9 11900k RTX 3080 TI 3 x 55" LED TV 4K, 2 more PCs for displays and hardware connection Prosim A320

Well I just finished the approach and subsequent take off and have some observation:

during a daylight approach with bad visibility the apron light cones ( all are on) distract the view of RWY 16

taxiying out to rwy 16 for t/o the sign at the entry of taxiway H says RWY 34 (although this TWY is going nowhere else then to rwy 16)

at the holding point to rwy 16 on H on the left it says 16 and on the right 34 - or was it the other way round ??

I am not used to this kind of mistakes by this scenery designer ....

Erhard

Hello Gents,

Does anyone knows wich file do I have to remove from the scenery file to eliminate the dynamic vehicles on the ground at Macau airport??

Thanks

Roy DeForrest