Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

Getting on the Mic!

When playing flight, I am a big multiplayer fan. The flight universe is otherwise so conspicuously void of life that you could almost think you were in an isolation chamber! Yet as the months have gone by, I see more and more that it is the younger people that will enthusiastically embrace the Mic, chanting "Can anyone hear me!!?

Meanwhile, except at the odd structured and scheduled gathering, older voices are noticeable mostly by their complete absence. And this is in a crowd noted for numerous comments regarding missing vatsim and etc.......

Why do you think the actual (judging by their typed comments) simmers seem to be so....... silent?

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I think if the Multiplayer rooms were larger and communications were actually relevent to your actual flight (I find there usually only a few people in the room and that most people are hundreds of miles away) you would actually see more people using that feature. I wish it were possible to have hundreds of people in each room then I think the voice communication would actually be used - although you would have to deal with the bad apples buzzing your plane on takeoffs.

Good question!

I would also participate more on online sessions if I could see some structure on it... I don't recall if we can use actual local freqs on our comm radios to listen/communicate with other online players?

If someone could be allowed to play the role of ATC agent (radio, information, tower, etc...) that would be even better....

I know MP is smoother now (corrected by the last pacth I believe...) but one of the reasons I stopped using it before was the "jumps" I saw on other players.... I have to give it a new try one of these days/nights :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

We (a group of ca. 15-20) have decided to use Teamspeak(3), instead of the MP-Chat Window which is too buggy since the last update... And there is lot of communication ;-) It's fun to fly with such a group, which has the same intensions. It's really not often, that crash-kids are joining our session in Flight, because we don't have to communicate via chat and so it's often too boring for those visitors to join too long. And the pilots, who are interested in the same things than we are, we invite to TS. So the group is growing ;-) and the kids can play somewhere else...

Gesendet von meinem X10i mit Tapatalk 2

Cheers, Stephan

i7 4790K @4,6Ghz (102x45), ASUS Maximus VII Hero, 16GB Corsair Venegance 1866, Corsair WC H100i, Gigabyte GTX 780 OC, 3x SSD (Win7, FSX, P3D), Dell UHD 27'", Saitek Homecockpit

I would also participate more on online sessions if I could see some structure on it... I don't recall if we can use actual local freqs on our comm radios to listen/communicate with other online players?

jcomm - I have read that tuning to local freq allows for private communication between those on that freq but I have never done it. And def agree it would be nice to have someone in an ATC role.

You could play ATC by doing what adwt0125 suggests above and just have somebody sitting in a plane doing the ATC..all you'd need would be a basic moving map with the players on it - I don't do MP so i don't know if FLIIGHT has such a thing? Does the "map" turn into a map of all MP users?

Why don't I do MP? Because I have a bit of an aversion to speaking to my PC. Despite being in IT, and loving the thought of real AI, speaking to real people while playing a game just doesn't do it for me..Maybe I'm just weird, but I bet that's why a lot of "older" people don't do or speak-up in MP?

What do you all do, Mr Duessel? Not being flippant, just curious :smile:

JAKE EYRE
It's a small step from the sublime to the ridiculous...Napoleon Bonaparte
newSigBetaTeam.gif
lancairuk.jpg

What we do? Well, we see each other in Flight (friends) and start TS. Then we make a group flight or one makes the ATC for the others or other things. We all have Plan-G and Gmap and I have created a Folder in the cloud, which is open for all of our "group". This folder contains flight plans and every member of this folder can use the plan in Gmap. So we are very fast able to fly together. It's really fun.

At the Weekend we did a VOR lesson for the new pilots, who aren't so used to it... The latest, we did was, to created the "Yellow Cub Air Taxi Coop." ;-) We meet and fly flights and write down the money, we earned into an exel-file... So, we are busy ;-) It's all a question of same interests and phantasy to make Flight a bit more alive ;-)

Gesendet von meinem X10i mit Tapatalk 2

Cheers, Stephan

i7 4790K @4,6Ghz (102x45), ASUS Maximus VII Hero, 16GB Corsair Venegance 1866, Corsair WC H100i, Gigabyte GTX 780 OC, 3x SSD (Win7, FSX, P3D), Dell UHD 27'", Saitek Homecockpit

Why don't I do MP? Because I have a bit of an aversion to speaking to my PC.

You look silly, she says... and I give up... And I do not even own one of those TrackIR caps :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Going on teamspeak may work better technically, but internally I resist that avenue, because to me, the concept is for inclusion for all as much as possible. I want to talk to everyone, and have a chance to explain why this hobby is fun and interesting, and why grabbing the Hawaii pack and maybe even Alaska is worth it, and why their stoopid plane keeps veering left, and no its not a bug and....

And I sometimes like to dive and swerve and have mock dogfights too. :blush:

Though it is necessary to boot people from time to time.....

@Jcomm: If I let looking silly stop me, I would never do anything! :tongue:

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Until now I was not very keen in trying MP. However ides like Duessel seems nice.

@jcomm

look to my avatar, do you know what kind of clothes we wear? put some mud in the picture and that is truly looking silly

@jcomm

look to my avatar, do you know what kind of clothes we wear? put some mud in the picture and that is truly looking silly

HEhe... but at least she only sees it when you're back home... instead of sitting at a computer, talking to no one, and wearing silly objects in your head (not me .....) :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

The silly objects on my head are my ears.............. :Whistle:

Devons rig

Well i use the radios in flight like in the real thing now that we can talk over any freq . We just need a better moving map and a way for another player to join as a controller ...

Image removed as image is no longer available.