Sign in to follow this  
Ss944

Orbx PNW purchase - General Questions

hi all

new guy here on the forum! i am about to purchase the orbx pnw package, i have run through the demo for a while now and very happy with where my 40 bucks are going to go.. but my question is - should i purchase this download only version or should i go for the dvd? does one option offer anything more than the other?

also if you can point me towards any freeware airports specific to PNW or any add ons specific to PNW i'd really appreciate it.

Thanks and appreciate the help.

Sri

I don't think there is any difference - however I prefer getting a download version, so that in case I lose my backup or the dvd goes bad, I can go and download it again.

I agree with Foxbat, D/L seems best for me. That way I don't have to keep track of a DVD, only a web link and I keep that in the cloud, better than on a backup disk somewhere. Downloading can be a bit of a pain, the files are large, but that method works for me.

As to freeware airports, anything offered by Orbx are top notch, the payware ones are even better and are almost works of stand alone art offering hours of scenes to explore. Buy all your wallet or charge card can stand. Do remember, if you are one of those high and fast jet jockies, you are going to need to change your thinking extensivly. Orbx sceneries are intended for low and slow savoring and enjoyment. I generally fly an A2A Cub or BN2 Islander when in the area.

You need to D/L and install the latest libraries and "flow" add-ons for the airports etc. I started and maintain a written diary of installations and updates in Google Docs, again, out in the cloud. Consider the CRM add-ons while you're at it.

Enjoy!!