Sign in to follow this  
Bobsk8

Tomorrow's the day...

I wonder what time it will go on sale, how much it will be, and who will be the first one to complain or praise?

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Well, I wake-up around 5:00 UTC - 6:00 LT here in Lisbon now - so I will try to find it as soon as possible. Then I will buy it, and then I will feel even better as a proud Deluxe aircraft user...

It's really a surprise what it'll bring us... Will it be the cockpit only? Fine for me... Will there be additional paintjobs - couldn't care less... I allways pick the default ones :-/... Will there be floats and ski versions? Will the GPS bring more functionality than the one in Icon5 ? Not a problem since I am now totally devoted to GMap, and even considering getting a 2nd monitor to give it an even better use :-)

Que sera, sera...Whatever will be, will be, the future's not ours to see, que sera, sera, what will be will be

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I'll let everybody else test it out before considering, although if it's dirt cheap I'll probably get it anyway.

I'll definitely be getting the new Cub; I'm hoping that it will be an upgrade and not another plane and if it is an upgrade I see a price of $4.99. I don't see the need for a basic Cub and a deluxe Cub both sitting in my hanger, but if that's how they choose to deliver it.....we'll see soon!

I'm really just getting started enjoying Alaska but I must admit I'm already beginning to wonder what's in the pipeline next scenery wise. If I were a betting man I would guess the Pacific NW for the sake of continuity but I don't pretend to know what the dev's have planned or are thinking. It will be fun to read the speculation here as the next couple of months go by.

Ken

I'm really just getting started enjoying Alaska but I must admit I'm already beginning to wonder what's in the pipeline next scenery wise. If I were a betting man I would guess the Pacific NW for the sake of continuity but I don't pretend to know what the dev's have planned or are thinking. It will be fun to read the speculation here as the next couple of months go by.

They pre-announced Alaska about three months prior to releasing it. If they do the same with the next scenery, we should know any day now. If I were a betting man, though, I'd put my money on another month or before we hear anything solid. We might start seeing teaser images at any time, though, if they want us to play another "guessing game."

I'll buy it as soon as it's available even if it does nothing more than add a cockpit to the existing Cub and costs $15, just because I think it's a cool plane.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

If I were a betting man I would guess the Pacific NW for the sake of continuity but I don't pretend to know what the dev's have planned or are thinking.

I expect they don't want continuity because if they have that people will start wanting big iron to fly from Seattle to Anchorage etc. From what we have seen of the cockpits I would bet that any big iron will not have the desired avionics, nor the ATC people will want with such aircraft. I expect that they will offer something quite far from the current locations and with lots of coastline. Maybe England or if they are sticking with the USA maybe Florida. So far we have mostly VFR, GA planes with limited NAV capabilities and limited areas that cannot be flown between.

I'll buy it as soon as it's available even if it does nothing more than add a cockpit to the existing Cub and costs $15, just because I think it's a cool plane.

Hook

That's how I figure it. I've had loads of fun with the cub and I'm tired of looking at that static panel and having to reset the eye point because I stupidly reset after panning around.

Hook

+1 I haven't flown with the Cub yet but I am looking forward to doing so!

Im going to buy it because A: Its a cool aircraft and B: it supports our statement that aircraft with cockpits will sell better.

Kevin Miller

3D Artist and developer

I'm buying it, simply because it's the first plane worth buying since Flight launched. It's not exactly the plane I wanted, but at least it's a step in the right direction (finally).

I'm still in doubt. I won't buy it tomorrow immediately.

I would love the next plane to be a Beechcraft King 350 / Duke 60, or a Sherpa or Islander. Something a little bigger and faster, especially with the huge distances in Alaska.

The Cub is a nice little plane, but i guess i won't fly it much. I already have the standard version without VC, and i don't think a VC will take the plane it to a whole new level.

Maybe England or if they are sticking with the USA maybe Florida.

Hello

It will not be England, there is no way they would do an area with such a population density and busy road network, they do not have the assets both in numbers on the team and within the game engine at the moment to do a densely populated area.

The UK with no sign of life is a non starter, and there are much more scenic areas in Europe that would suit Flight! better at this time.

Africa.

Maybe South Africa... maybe Kenya or something along the Rift Valley... that's my bet.

Not interested !

The Maule and the Cub handle like a dog !

Then again, after flying 737's for almost 30 years......nearly everything feels like a dog.

:LMAO:

I expect they don't want continuity because if they have that people will start wanting big iron to fly from Seattle to Anchorage etc. From what we have seen of the cockpits I would bet that any big iron will not have the desired avionics, nor the ATC people will want with such aircraft. I expect that they will offer something quite far from the current locations and with lots of coastline. Maybe England or if they are sticking with the USA maybe Florida. So far we have mostly VFR, GA planes with limited NAV capabilities and limited areas that cannot be flown between.

That's how I figure it. I've had loads of fun with the cub and I'm tired of looking at that static panel and having to reset the eye point because I stupidly reset after panning around.

Florida would be cool, that is where I got my license. Pretty flights down to Key West, and over to Tampa and Ft Meyers, and up the East Coast. Plenty of Airports.

Not interested !

The Maule and the Cub handle like a dog !

Then again, after flying 737's for almost 30 years......nearly everything feels like a dog.

:LMAO:

I very rarely actually flew the 737s or 767s either , most of the time they were on autopilot. The one thing I really like about Flight, is it forces people to actually fly it.

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310