Sign in to follow this  
ilikerio

Missing Coworker Mission not working

Hi uh I am unable to find the guy in the Missing Coworker mission in FSX. I found some floating fire, but that's it... :unsure:

fsx2012-07-2415-25-38-48.jpg

fsx2012-07-2415-25-48-35.jpg

There's nothing under it...

fsx2012-07-2415-25-50-33.jpg

Is there a way to fix this? :(

Guest firehawk44

Don't you have to land to pick him up? Maybe there's a landing area nearby.

Best regards,

Jim

Well there's usually the guy standing next to the Baron... But there's nothing except the fire floating in midair. I'm not sure why it's doing that... I'm gonna retry the mission and see if there's any difference.

There are a couple of vids of this mission on youtube in case you need more help. Good luck!

Have you tried to play the mission at normal speed/ save and re-load the mission at that particualr point? Maybe it's just that your computer doesn't load all the objects fast enough (and thus doesn't display it at the proper location). I sometimes have this issue, when objects are initially loaded floating two or three feet above the ground, and then "falling" back on the ground, when I fly at higher sim rates.

Well there's usually the guy standing next to the Baron...

I take it,you have already played this mission, so you know where to fly? Otherwise, you might have flown to a wrong place, which would explain the "missing coworker"?

maybe check if you have installed anything that might affect the mission. to my experience add-on scenery / ground mesh can interfere with the default missions if it alters the area where the mission is taking place

I agree with tofupete. I found that UTX changed the terrain in the mission (can't remember the name) where you take a float plane to carry a tourist to a fishing spot. First of all, the mission starts with the plane sitting on land. Then, there is a tidal wave a short distance out. Then, the landing area moves causing you not to be able to complete the mission.

John Wingold

Ok... I have the scenery all the way down when I fly this mission, and I do it in 4x speed. I'll try it with my normal scenery settings and normal speed. :rolleyes:

Hi ilikerio,

Have you managed this mission already? Your post got me curious and I tried this mission last night. At a certain point the co-pilot in this mission says she hopes the missing coworker will "light a fire or a flare if he's still conscious". So I'm assuming that's the "floating fire" you are seeing in your screenshots.

I've been flying around for over 1,5 hour. Still haven't found him but I've saved the mission and will continue to search tonight or tomorrow. I sure hope he's alright. ;-)

Yay! Completed this mission last night. Took a minimum of 2,5 hours flying around of which at least half of that at 2x speed.

The missing coworker did light a fire next to his crashed airplane and that fire looks awfully close to the fire in the OP pics. So maybe it is an issue with the scenery afterall.

In any case, the thrill of finally having found this guy is just great. Just like the "Executive Tour" mission where you get to fly next to the landing Space Shuttle. Wow... what a blast.

My problem with the Misssing Co-worker mission is that I found the missing pilot next to the Baron and the fire right in the valley that has been described in previous posts and even got him on board, but just as I start to taxi to take off down the valley the Mission Fails indicating a crash when no crash has happened and the Maule is last shown sitting with its engine running in perfect condition. Has anyone else encountered this problem?

My problem with the Misssing Co-worker mission is that I found the missing pilot next to the Baron and the fire right in the valley that has been described in previous posts and even got him on board, but just as I start to taxi to take off down the valley the Mission Fails indicating a crash when no crash has happened and the Maule is last shown sitting with its engine running in perfect condition. Has anyone else encountered this problem?

Exactly i have the same problem!

I remember that one I think, in the Idaho forest or something?, it can take 45 min to 3 hrs? Yea, what I do anyway is after I find something and I'm very close, I turn on the mission pointer only then, just cause the mission may have a certain point where you need to pull up to. 

I'll tell you what, I luv missions, especially bush flying ones, did them all, now searching elsewhere for more mission add-ons because the official FSX store has almost none.