Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

The big Carbon Cub topic

Seriously..the price of Alaska just doubled. I can see them giving us free maps soon and charging 50 bucks for a plane now that they know we want cockpits.

The price is ok with me, just wish it had come with a panel in the first place. Running out of floor space in my hanger, good thing they are all parked outside on the ramp.

Lookes pretty good, Does it come with a working autopilot and does the GPS work?

Im also very dissapointed that it doesn't come with any missions or challenges

I had to get the Deluxe Cub from the in game market place. The X-box market place doesn't have it up yet. BTW, I just bought another Railroad Sim yesterday, TrainZ, and one of the deciding factors for me in getting it was that I did not have to purchase it from Steam. I read quite a few negative comments about Steam, basically taking over control of your computer, and installing stuff without permission etc.. Thanks, but no thanks.... I don't even like the Microsoft updates.

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

No autopilot, you actually have to fly it...

Large download, 145 MB

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I knew this would happen.....

It's not about the dollar amounts... it's about consistency in pricing. Microsoft decided early-on that a VC-aircraft able to haul pax and cargo, at a moderate speed, with an IFR-capable panel, was worth $15.

They've now decided that a less-capable aircraft in all respects (except STOL capability), as a mere upgrade to an existing non-cockpit aircraft, is worth the same $15.

That doesn't add up. If they actually value the Cub at $15, then the Maule should be $20 or so. If they actually value the Maule at $15, the Cub should be about $10.

Pricing them both the same is a little illogical, regardless of the actual price set.

Now, personally, I do consider the Cub worth the amount of dollars being asked. I'd just like the prices they set to have some kind of basis other than whimsy. I do believe I'll hold off a bit and see if an "upgrade" offer appears, though.

Have to say I'm feeling underwhelmed by the VC, was going to get this, but now don't think I'll bother and like others, stick to the Maule for the few times I fire up Flight these days.

The price is ok with me, just wish it had come with a panel in the first place. Running out of floor space in my hanger, good thing they are all parked outside on the ramp.

Price is fine for me, too. I can't think of how they will have money to pay their bills and develop other stuff if they give it away for free all the time.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Sure it is. I am flying right this moment, and snap-shooting away. Its available in-game: and did I mention I hate Microsoft points? Price is $14.99 (expect it on Steam three days from now for free, or something) :P

The in-game link pitches me out to Steam, where it's not available. And the Xbox page doesn't have it yet.

But $14.99 for a frickin' cockpit? Seriously? :Phbbbt:

Over priced . I'll stick with the Maule.

Too true. We need to be selective - don't buy everything that moves. Let the devs know what we want. Good stuff at a good price.

How do you get rid of rubbish out of your hanger? I want to delete the Icon and the carbon cub.

I knew how to do that in FS9 and I don't know how to do it in Flight.

Flight is good. Flight is excellent in many respects. But I only want to buy what I like. Simple as that.

The in-game link pitches me out to Steam, where it's not available. And the Xbox page doesn't have it yet.

But $14.99 for a frickin' cockpit? Seriously? :Phbbbt:

Or they could have just released it with Alaska at the higher price we were all expecting.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I have bought the "Deluxe" (AWFUL WORD HERE !) version of the Cub SS directly ingame and had no problems.

It only got two paintjobs, differents from the VCless Cub, moving map as GPS, no floats, no skis confirmed. No new missions or tasks added for it. You can still get 4 pax + pilot in the 2 seats cubby

I now think that 1200 points, same price as the Maule, is too high...

Hm, I knew this could happen but I am very surprised at the price... It's the same price as Alaska...?!? Which already had the Cub, be it without VC. So you could say the VC alone costs 15 dollars? I find that a bit odd. The Maule opened up all kids of jobs but the Cub offers no new jobs and missions at all. I really expected some new jobs or missions. The Maule (and RV-6A) also has a lot more character btw, which I like: the Cub looks a bit clean and sterile... must be 'modernity'. :wink: I am also disappointed that is has no floats or extra's... Nothing. And that crappy GPS...

When Alaska was released I said MS did a clever move by offering it for 15 bucks only. But now I can only say this isn't a very clever move... A LOT of people who are on the fence will step away now. I don't think this is good news. Quite a few people were disappointed with the overal quality of Alaska and they certainly won't buy this one now. If the next plane isn't a complete different one (bigger) with VC, I don't know what's going to happen with Flight...

Hm... it's not that I can't afford this one, but unexpectedly I am more disappointed then I thought I would be. Just a VC for 15 bucks... no extra's, no nothing... My biggest disappointed is that this release doesn't make me hopeful for what is to come. And I am really starting to wonder who is in control of all this over there at MS. There is no consistency. None at all. No plan. Nothing. I have the idea some people are losing connection with reality over there.

LOL I better stop typing before I drown myself in negativity... :wink: I've got a few hours before I get home and I have to say my credit card isn't standby right now. It's secure in my pocket for the time being.

But don't be surprised when I post some screenshots of the Cub this evening, together with some very enthusiastic words!!! :wink:

Hi Flight Carbon Cub users !

Just a screenshot to show the moving map replacement by a FSWidget GMap

with an appropriate Zoom level !

Have a nice flights.

Chris

I edited the topic title and promoted this topic to the 'official' Cub topic. Let's try to centralize all discussion about the plane in this topic! I also merged a few other posts from elsewhere on this forum into this one.