Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

The big Carbon Cub topic

Actually, it's not. It's not enough for a business to know their product is not selling... they very much want to know why it's not selling. It's much more difficult to correct a problem if you are unsure of the cause of the problem.

Price is not the only reason people don't buy things.

Thanks RRay for your reaction. My viewpoint is as a the consumer, your answer is more the producers' viewpoint. I stated: as a consumer you have less influence (as an individu) on pricesetting: the most influence a consumer has is (not) to spent your money on a product.

Also, folks have dismissed the cockpit-less warbirds as being trash. Many of us agree we wouldn't pay for one and that they're worth $0 to us. But, all of a sudden we get a cockpit-less cub included with Alaska and we want it to be worth some amount of money and we don't to pay full price to add a VC later. Common people - we can't have our cake and eat it to. (I'm sure there are lots of counter-points to this arguement. It was just an interesting thought that popped into my head...)

Meanwhile, MS Flight wouldn't connect to the server this morning, so I'm still without a cockpit for my cub...

Yep! The mouse :-) It works perfectly as a FBW system, auto-trimming the aircraft for you... It's more like the CWS mode on an AP....

Same as the other planes, thank you for the heads up. I'm fine with that, have gotten used to it now. Plane looks good, I'm going to buy it, not wait for the sale in two to three months. :biggrin:

Regards;

Fritz

C'on, all the discussions about the price is so useless.

Not at all. If anyone on the Flight team has an ounce of business sense [insert predicable jokes here] then it would certainly be in their best interests to scan customer feedback.

Don't bother... there's years of MS FLIGHT history ahead... I'm sure sooner or later something that pleases you will get released :-)

Very true. Anticipating what will happen over the next year, there will likely be a number of better aircraft choices in the future. I think part of the complaining comes from frustration at the glacial pace of Flight's DLC releases.

When I got home I decided to buy the plane anyway. Of course. :wink: It will be another month before something new will come by and I am sure that if I don't buy it now I will buy it somewhere the coming month anyhow, so... I'd better enjoy it right away. I have to add that Air1's hi res pics helped with this too! :wink:

Unfortunately the plane is still only available from within the game and for that you need points... and I don't want to buy points. So I will wait until it's for sale in the marketsite where, if all is well, I can pay with my credit card info. It's a bit odd it takes so long for the plane to appear on the site...

I already had 1200 points just sitting in marketplace not doing anythig anyway so it worked out nicely.

A mood pic. I find it a lot easier and more intuitive to land this from the cockpit than the other tail draggers.

2012725112025563.jpg

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I just bought it and like it!

Nice little airplane and likely to become a personal favorite. Pleasant cockpit with most of the info right

in front of the pilot. Compass and fuel gauges are waay up there, but that is OK..

Seems to need a bit of attention to keep the wings level, less stable than the VANS... but taxies nicely,

reacts well to toe brakes.. first flight: Very nice!

Bert

Anybody noticed that the DLX CUB is totally different from non-cockpit (basic) version?

The flight dynamics are totally different.

side-slip feels different

descents and climbs faster

For example:

non-cockpit cub flaps: flaps extended, nose up.

deluxe cub flaps: extended nose down.

Deluxe has strobes.

Motor sounds different

And why don`t we have two different paint schemes? why not have all four ?

Meh...I think I'll just wait to see what's coming next month. I really wish we could have seen something new with this plane like floats/skis and especially then water jobs (flying sportsmen to remote lakes would have sold me) not to mentions still no missions or challenges. Looks like they did a good job modeling the cockpit and really wish I could support this but there isn't anything I want to do with this aircraft I can't do with the Maule. The price point is a little high for me as well to justify what I am getting in return. I really can't say if I will buy another plane if it is not faster or bigger than what we have now.

VC is out

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

VC is out

In a different way than was announced in the first post of this thread?

Thanks RRay for your reaction. My viewpoint is as a the consumer, your answer is more the producers' viewpoint. I stated: as a consumer you have less influence (as an individu) on pricesetting: the most influence a consumer has is (not) to spent your money on a product.

Agreed, absolutely. I just wanted to add to that, because voting with your money becomes even more effective if you inform the seller why you voted that way.

In a different way than was announced in the first post of this thread?

Didn't read the first post but being as MS just announced it on FB 10 seconds before I posted my post I wouldn't have known or assume it was out (3 pages ago) other wise.

Thanks for the snappy remark though. :rolleyes:

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Don't bother... there's years of MS FLIGHT history ahead...

I certainly hope so, but I do have some concerns in that area.