Sign in to follow this  
Guest georgi55

Chicago Meigs Field Dug-up---closed(?)

Guest dkukla

Daley is a sore looser! He promised to keep Meigs open till 2026, or something like that, and then goes out there on a Sunday night with his buddies at the city and play sandbox with one of the greatest landmarks in this country. There was absolutely no threat from one of the most secure airports in the US and served as a extremely convenient portal to the city for both pleasure and business aircraft. The State of Illinois used this facility for flights from Springfield.I grew up in Chicago and spent many years there since. This act is an embarrasment and just another example of Political Immunity that allows people like this to do what THEY want, ignore the laws, processes and procedures, and effect on the general public. Little Napoleon got his way and will get his "park" with his statue in the middle of it for the pidgens to annoint. Good show Richard, or is it "Dick". What other part of your beautifull city you going to bulldoze next Sunday night?P.S. For those that have aircraft (16) parked there, better get out there quick! There are parking tickets already on your windshields.

It certainly made me angry to hear that Meigs was finally closed. Not so much that it's closed, but more so at the way they went about it. It's too bad that the Mayor alone can hold the power to do such an injustice to the pilots of the greater Chicago area.But on the bright side (and I hope your listening MS) we have a lovely island airport here in Toronto that you're all welcome to use any time you like. We even have three runways to choose from, but you'll have to leave the jets in the hangar as they aren't yet permitted to use the facilities.Wouldn't it be nice if MS chose Toronto as the new "Meigs" Field?CF-AOA

I thought the Mob had been put of business. Oh wait, it just calls itself "The City of Chicago" now, apparently.