Sign in to follow this  
Rocky_53

How can I duplicate these cockpit textures

Hi guys, I got myself the A2A cub a couple of weeks ago and although I am extremely pleased with it, I'm afraid the cockpit textures IMO leave a lot to be desired, as I feel they are far too clean. However, I did download a repaint that came with some replacement textures which I think are superb. My question is, can I somehow copy the replacement textures across so I can have the more 'lived in' look in all my Cub versions? If it is possible, what files do I need to copy? Cheers fellas...

7541.jpg

5752.jpg

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Looks like the pit1 to pit4.dds files do this, Howard. Make a backup of a default texture folder and then grab those four textures from the repaint and copy them over, overwriting. Then load the default repaint and see how the cockpit looks like.

Looks like the pit1 to pit4.dds files do this, Howard. Make a backup of a default texture folder and then grab those four textures from the repaint and copy them over, overwriting. Then load the default repaint and see how the cockpit looks like.

Hi CoolP, ah OK, I thought it would be fairly simple, I just don't know which folder is which. I'll try it later as I have to go out for a couple of hours. Thanks, I'll let you know how I get on...

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke

Cheers matey, sorted! Now that looks far better...

Howard

Good news! I was just about to write some more. I'll leave it here, just in case.

I guess the 'share' folder is one fallback for all textures.

[fltsim]

fallback.1=..\texture

fallback.2=..\..\A2A_PiperJ3_share

fallback.3=..\..\..\..\Scenery\Global\texture

fallback.4=..\..\..\..\Texture

So if you put those special 4 pit.dds textures in the repaint folder of your choice, they will replace any current ones.

Take A2A_PiperJ3\texture.yellow for example. You have pit1.dds and pit3.dds there. Any other texture will come from that fallback folders. So if you put the 4 special textures in there, you cause FSX to grab the complete cockpit texture from there set without using the fallback. This leads it to show the used look for the yellow variant.

What we don't know. How will Heidi react to the now worn optics? :o

What we don't know. How will Heidi react to the now worn optics? :o

She'll do as she's bloomin well told, otherwsie she can go home and do the ironing :lol:

Howard

Hi

That's a great repaint, what's the name please?

Paul

Paul Dumke

Avsim Library:-

File Description:

Fast Joe Mulligans Air Service is about to downgrade to "slow Joe". Repaint for the A2A Simulations Piper J3 Cub, with custom interior and panel. All four models supported.

Filename: piper_j3_fast_joe.zip License: Freeware, limited distribution Added: 8th November 2009 Downloads: 1425 Author: Urs Burkhardt Size: 26022kb

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

She'll do as she's bloomin well told, otherwsie she can go home and do the ironing :lol:

He%20He.gif Classic role allocation as it seems.

Have to go, the lady says my kitchen looks awful. I can't let that happen.