Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Brandon O'Brien

Altimeter and Flap settings Error

In the attached photo will see that my main altimeter setting is 22.15 which results in a negative altitude reading. I have tried several times to press the reset button and change it manually using the knob, all times with no effect on the reading. However my backup Altimeter is reading correctly at 29.92. Also my flap setting indicator is showing 30, but my flaps are fully retarcted and in the up position. I have applied full power to plane and the results have been unchange.

Please Help!

Thanks!

Brandon "OB" O'Brien KLAW

"Supporting Victory"

Hello,

Have you checked weather settings within FSX? Maybe you have a rogue pressure setting in advanced weather?

I see the IRS is aligning which tells me you're in a cold and dark cockpit. From this, I would go out on a limb and say that something, somewhere, is not set correctly on the overhead panel. Maybe you could post something up there? I have a feeling the aircraft was also not shut down properly the last time, perhaps? This could be a reason for your flap indication. Is AUX Hydraulic pressure 4 set to aux? Perhaps there's simply a confusion in system logic.

An overhead panel shot along with HYD/ELEC EICAS would be useful.

Feel free to PM if this becomes a bit long or you wish to ask anything else.

Best,

Dan

Basic Flying Rules:

1. Try to stay in the middle of the air.

2. Do not go near the edges of it.

3. The edges of the air can be recognised by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space.

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

18%
    $4,525.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now