Sign in to follow this  
jb17011

The End of Flight?

Well that's that. The Microsoft Flight Simulator franchise is officially finished. The end of an era has come.

Laminar Research, fulfil your destiny.

Oh shite. This is terrible news. Just when I thought things were looking good for the new sim.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Well that is really depressing news... I guess that Flight wasn't as profitable as they had hoped. What now? X-plane is the only option unless they open up the API to the open source community.

God I hope they sell it to someone like ORBX.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

i knew it and posted this many times. Too many complaints around the world re: cockpits, areas not connected, no jets, etc.

I hope this is a joke...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Well that solves any debate about buying the Cub to support VCs... It's a shame. Not entirely unexpected though.

I was going to buy Alaska and the cub tonight... I guess I won't be doing that since the game is a dead end.. Blah

Oh, well. This was my fear all along... a really good product with vast potential rendered non-viable due to poor management decisions.

I was going to buy Alaska and the cub tonight... I guess I won't be doing that since the game is a dead end.. Blah

You would still enjoy the area and the planes. Seeing Alaska has many remote areas it won't seem as sterile as Hawaii. The planes and Flight models are great. I'm glade they got Alaska out and another plane before the plug was pulled as I can enjoy this sim for Bush flying alone. It would have been terrible if this had happened before Alaska was released. Alaska makes all the difference, now if only the code was opened up for third party development (so the whole world could be built upon)...

FS2020 

Oh, well. This was my fear all along... a really good product with vast potential rendered non-viable due to poor management decisions.

Weren't we at this party before??? I blame the lead developer of Flight (forgot his name)... When you know how fickle Microsoft management can be it would be to your best interest to make a complete sim and get it over with before the plug is pulled. The whole piece meal concept with the assumption Microsoft will wait around for you to see your whole vision through is short sighted to say the least. Now we have an outstanding unfinished effort that's shelved. At least we have what we have. I can enjoy Flight for quite some time with Alaska in the mix.

FS2020