Sign in to follow this  
Guest j-mo

L1011

Guest Thomas K

Erick, when will we be able to see more screenshots of your nice L-1011 model??Thomas

Guest Erick_Cantu

Not sure.As of right now everything but the DC-9 family has been temporarily halted since the DC-9 family has been sitting for a year and needs major overhauls to bring them all to the same quality level, and this week I got sick of FS and have been working on a few of my TS projects.

Hi Fred and all ... I have had a major breakthru!!!!You must download the Instructions in German. Even though you can't speak or read German, you can follow the pictures. I had 4 years of German in college almost 40 years ago .. so am DANGEROUS ... but I can follow the pictures.Assuming that the battery switch was the key, we naturally (naturlich, hahaha)tried that route first ... ACH ... NEIN, NEIN .. you must start first the Master Power switch on the APU subpanel. Wait a few secs, then start the APU. When it comes up to speed, you get the BAT light. Another minute or two, you can start the bleed air ... bar lights up, etc.Now you can turn on the battery, turn the essential bus knob to MAN, NORM or AUTO, and then push the generator breakers, Warten Sie ... wait until the generator field gauges register 70 KW, then you can close the gen field switches ... (you must wait ... SUCH ATTENTION TO DETAIL ... AMAZING)Onto engine start ... again for us boeing types, counter intuitive process ... on the throttle panel, open the three fuel switches, go to the overhead, ...... what a dummy I am ... I just looked at the TUTORIAL FLIGHT .. and the instructions are there step by step IN ENGLISH ... yikes ... veilen danke!!!!I have to say that this is one of the most well done panels I have ever seen, up there with the best as I noted yesterdsy.Hopefully later .. I can figure out the rest and maybe get off the ground!!!!!Good luck to everyone!!! This is an awesome challenge! I must, however turn off my FS PC and get to work!!! (why do I have to work? WHY?)

And thank you PBenoit for that good information. Would certainly appreciate any more you can send our way. I have RFPB2nd Gen and your docs are the best we,ve had from any payware add on. Many hours of learning and enjoyment instead of frustration as some are. Thanks again from an old retired simmer.(Started with FS1 way back when!)Also thanks to Ralph and co for this excellent freeware.

Guest BodoM

Hi Paul,your german is excellent, please go head :-hah___________________________Best Regards,Bodo M

Guest ba747heavy

Paul,Brilliant! You just got me off the ground :) I am enroute to KBOS from LAS. I don't quite understand this autopilot....I need to keep reminding myself that Boeingisms don't apply here :DThanks again.

Sorry, in the last post meant to say thanks Oliver Moser for excellent L1011 freeware and also thanks to Ralph and Co. for the best payware,RFPB.Dick Davis

Guest babewatcher

Paulthanks a bunch for the insite , you saved me many hours of frustration indeed. just finished my first familiarization flight and my hat goes off to the panel designers. a great panel indeed....now if only some nice German speaking person out there would only translate the manual I would be forever grateful. Im sure I'm not even close to the full potential of this panel but Im having fun anyways and Im off the ground.Don

Yeah, this is a terrific panel. The only thing I think that is a problem is the default FS9 fuel handling. The auxiliary tanks are drained before the mains which is a pest. Otherwise, this is a work of art! Robert Williamson

Just installed this bird but I haven't figured out how to access the other panels. Are these in the German manual or English one? I did install the 'panel views.zip' file into the 'panels' folder of the L-1011. How do you access the other panels?Thanks ahead of time.Jim

Hey, I found the "links" to the different panels. They are under the "parking brake" bar. Lots to learn about this bird.Jim

Guest j-mo

This is such a phenomenal aircraft that I just had to see if I could understand the manuals. My background in German is not necessarily impressive (3 yrs in HS), and I will not claim to be fluent, BUT... what I decided to attempt for myself is very helpful for me.Using on-line language translators, I created a notepad document that, alongside the German-language manual, allows me to follow item-by-item. I'm sure it's not perfect, and there are a couple of gaps where I had difficulty getting a good translation, but it's close, and it allows me to EASILY understand the manual. :D So far I've only done this for the Main Panel, but I will continue until I've got them all translated. I'm doing this for myself, but if there is interest, I will offer them as an upload to the library (this would be my first time uploading). I'm even willing to recreate the manuals in Word so that the pictures are included. After downloading so much great freeware, it would be a pleasure to give something back if it would have merit. If there isn't much interest, my feelings won't be hurt. I'll still do it for myself.Respond to this post if you would be interested in this or have suggestions for formatting.Alex M.

Hi AlexWhat a generous offer to perform a much needed service, I for one would be an early downloader, the Word document idea sound eminently desirable.Best regardsken ellis

Alex, I too would be interested. I know its a lot of work, but some, if not a lot, will appreciate your efforts.Jim

Guest babewatcher

AlexI too would be most interested as this is my favorite panel. For Paul who is having problems with the panel just make a clicking sound. I have noticed that some of the dials work if you right click on them instead of the normal left click....try this it should work for you.